Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output fields in a SEARCH HELP exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After fetching the values in the Search help exit, I have passed them on to record tab. I have an understanding that the recordtab displays the columns in the correct order automatically.

However, the problem I am facing now is that when I have initial values in a field say 2nd field, all the other values are shifted towards left and hence the alignment is disturbed. Please advise if you have any idea.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindranath,

Have you used the options for Lpos Spos ?

Regards,

Aniket

0 Kudos

Hi Aniket,

Yes I have set those options and the order for the LPOS and the final internal table is also same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Ravindranath

It has got a step by step procedure for search help along with some good ref. sites.

When u create a search help within that it provides exit where u can code. As u have created the search go to change mode on the first screen in DEFINATION tab u can c search help exit. In this u can enter a FM which is already created by us before u enter here. Only care needs to be take is that create using F4IF_SHLP_EXIT_EXAMPLE. In this u can use various steps to control the output

Thanks & regards

Sreenivasulu P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindranath,

As u are using the SEARCH HELP exit using

FM "F4IF_SHLP_EXIT_EXAMPLE".

u are having EVENT 'DISP', it get triggered before u are displaying the list.So u can Simply write ur condition check for INITIAL value (but it depends on whether u have authority also) and so u can display your list as u want.

if this not solved ur problem then check for other EVENTS.

Regards,

Ranjit Thakur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindranath,

U can also use the following

FM "F4UT_PARAMETER_ALLOCATE"

which will reserve the space for parameter in Record table .

this FM should be called in search help exit at the time 0f triggering of "SELECT" event.

Please check this FM it might be helpful for u.

Regards,

Ranjit Thakur.