cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue w.r.t Message Area Height

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,,

I'm trying to display messages by using the methodology as used in DEMO_MESSAGES.

How do we achieve showing the messages the way it is in DEMO_MESSAGES2.

P.S : Some threads are talking about a third radio button in the Web Dynpro Application : "Handling of Messages " properties. But, I'm not able to find any such. And in spite of this the demo_message2 works. I'm not able to figure out how to have a demo_message2 type functionality in my custom developments.

Regds,

Srini.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Did you find the solution for this issue?

I am also trying to display the message area in my WDA with the same attributes as in the DEMO_MESSAGES2 application. Like you, I looked at the standard DEMO_MESSAGES Web Dynpro component, which has two applications: DEMO_MESSAGES and DEMO_MESSAGES2. While the first application displays a "plain" message area with default attributes, the second displays a message area with a reduced height for only one line of text and a solid blue underline that changes to red for error messages. I looked in the view, window, methods, etc., but could not find where this setting was done.

The documentation for [Configuration of Messages|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/7c/3545415ea6f523e10000000a155106/frameset.htm] shows how to set the display attributes for the message area by coding a call to if_wd_message_area->set_display_attributes( ) in the WDDOINIT method of the window. So, I tried the sample code passing i_msg_lines_visible = '1' hoping that it would limit the height to display only one line of text. However, it still displayed a height of two lines of text, and added a light blue frame around the text. In the end, the total height of the message area was about the same.

I saw suggestions to explicitly add the message area UI element inside a transparent container and limit the height of the TC, but there must be a simpler way to do this, since it was done in the DEMO_MESSAGES2 application. Check it out, it looks much better than the default look & feel, and the emphasis provided by the color coded underline is a nice touch. If I could only figure out how to do that...

Perhaps someone from SAP might be able to explain to us how that was done?

Hey Thomas, are you there? Just kidding... ;o)

Best Regards,

Renato

P.S.: I am on NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.0 SP15

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In DEMO_MESSAGES2, you have some input field and based on the value the error is shown on that attribute.

The methods like REPORT_ELEMENT_ERROR/REPORT_ATTRIBUTE_ERROR_MESASGE for Errorsof IF_WD_MESSAGE_MANAGER are used to throw errors for that filed/attribute which is highlighed in RED.

In DEMO_MESSAGES, as there is only one field you were able to see only one message at a time upon button click.

If you want to set the height and width of Message Area, then place this inside the Transparanet container(TCO) and set the height and width of the TCO instead and also set the Max Visible messages of MSG AREA.

What exactly you want to do.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,,

I'm aware of the message manager, but if you see the demo_messages2, the application is referring to same code, same window and view. I was just looking at alternates, and I came across this, but could not figure out as to how this was achieved in demo_messages2. Coz' both the applications work the same with diff. outputs.

Just wanted to know,if anybody in the community is able to figure this out.

If yes, please throw some light. Although, I usually use Transp. container only for this purpose.

Regds,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you check the code, then there is a usage of the Assistance class nad methods used to throw the errors using the same view.

Regards,

Lekha.