cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

checked out records are getting syndicated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

How can I prevent checked out records from getting syndicated.

In Data Manager they appear in gray but internally the checked out version is getting syndicated through MDSS.

I am using MDM 5.5 SP 6.

Thanks,

Jyotika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyotika

In the syndication map use free form search to exclude the checked out records.

regards

Ravi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The checked out records are still getting syndicated through MDSS.

In the map I wrote the expression to exclude checked out records so this works if I manually syndicate recrds using the syndicator.

But its not working for MDSS.

In MDSS.ini if the user and pwd are not specified then it takes Admin as default.

I am checking out the records using another user id.

Any other suggestions I can try?

Thanks,

Jyotika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyotika

how are you syndicating the records? In the API you must be pasing the port name where the map is assigned.

Otherwise you can create a on demand syndication workflow in MDM with syndicate step which can be triggered from portal.

best regards

Ravi kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

This also depends on your scenario. At what point in time is the record update being persisted to the database? I am asking this because I previously ran into a scenario like this:

1. User edits a record

2. On update a workflow is launched, checking out the record

3. Record is syndicated even though workflow has not completed, and the record is still checked out

The reason this happened is because the record was already persisted to the database before the workflow initiated. If you have a similar situation you should change your business process such that the record is checked out before the user edits any data elements.

You could also potentially have this scenario if the record is being updated via an interface. If this is the case, make sure to launch the workflow in the configuration settings of the import map, instead of using the "record update" option on the workflow table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs.

I wrote the expression in the free form search to exclude checked out records as mentioned by Ravi and this has solved my problem.

Harrison:

The syndication is happening thru MDSS automatically at a scheduled time at night.

In my update product workflow the records are checked out but on the stop step I launch another workflow which is the syndicate workflow so ideally the records should be checked in before they move onto the syndicate workflow.

Silpa:

My update workflow owner which checks out the records is 'Product Admin' but the launcher of the WF could be any user.

Are you saying that in MDSS the user that I should configure should be none of the above users?

Thanks,

Jyotika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothika,

That is right.

Best Regards,

Silpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothika,

I assume you check out and try to syndicate the records with the same user. In this case I can state the following:

If the user that is the owner of the checked out records, is running the syndicator (GUI or server), then the checked out records will be syndicated as well. If another user is running the syndicator, the checked out records will NOT be syndicated. They will not appear in the syndicator GUI for that user, and will not be syndicated by MDSS (you need to save this user and password in the mdss.ini file).

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Silpa Chillakuru