Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not able to consume any service out of ESR or Service Registry

former_member202443
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I have installed trial version of SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1 EHP 1^with ESR. I have also install Visual Composer. I want to make some exercises to make my concept clear but I am not able to find any service from the Find option in the VC. I have also tried to consume any service in Webdynpro project and trying to create model from ESR or Service Registry but It does not connect to ESR.

Your recommendations are welcome.

Regards,

Naeem Khan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

configure SR and ESR in CE 7.1 and develop service in Enterprise Service Builder and you can consume those service in CAF perspective or JAVA perspective(EJBs)

add adobe svg viewer for your Visual Composer

Regards

Manohar

former_member202443
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

Can you please explain something in more detail????

Because I have already configured ESR and SR accoding to installation manual and I have also seen the webminar of installation of SAP NW CE 7.1 with ESR line is here

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/elearn?rid=/library/uuid/704fe668-2cf4-2a10-a38c-8604e4989d49&overri...

One thing I am not sure about is, when I go to configure initial setup by using configuration wizard. There is one error (file missing on importing XI content) when I am going to execture "Configuration of ESR in CE" task from the task list in the configuration wizard. I think becasue of that I am not able to consume services in VC and webdynpro projects!!!

What do you say???

If also think the same then can I install some how missing xi content to ESR??? I have seen on service market place when I go to ESR - component list.

Or you recommend me to install PI/XI on my server then this missing component should be installed automatically???

Regards,

Naeem

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

There are 3 standard sca files that are available along with the folder which you have downloaded and they are in the additional folder.

and go to deployment perspective and you can add these 3 sca files to configure the ESR in CE 7.1

like in NWDS> go to windows> perspectives>others>deployment-->and add the 3 sca files that are available in additional folder...

The 3 sca files are SAPXIESR00_0.SCA,SAPXIGUI00_0.SCA and XICNTSAPBASIS00_0.SCA

Regards,

Manohar

former_member202443
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Manhoar,

Thank you for your reply. But you know I do not understand the SAPXIESR00_0.SCA,SAPXIGUI00_0.SCA and XICNTSAPBASIS00_0.SCA.

I know only one file which I have downloaded from service market place >NW>NW>SAP EHP 1 for NW CE 7.1>ESR

this SCA file I have attached in NWDS as you said NWDS>Windows>Prespective>Others>Development Infrastructure and Import SC from file option. It has addedd successfully SAPXIESR00_0.SCA file. But I do not know where to download SAPXIGUI00_0.SCA file, can you please tell me the path on service market place???

And the third file you mentioned is XICNTSAPBASIS00_0.SCA which is actually ZIP file and contains TPZ file. Can you also tell me where to download this SCA file from service market place???

Regards,

Naeem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naeem,

when you download the CE 7.1 along with that you get a folder called Additional and that contains anohter folder ESR_SCAs and that folder contains these 3 .sca files.

regards

Manohar

former_member202443
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member202443
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

I have found these three files and added in the NWDS. But still I am unable to comsume services in NWDS or in VC!!!! It shows me an error that ESR not available in webdynpro project in NWDS environment. And it does not show me any service in VC, If I search.

Could you please tell me once I have installed the ESR and CE for the first time. Are there ready made services available to consume for the test purpose??? or first I personally have to create some services and consume them later some where??? But in my oppinion there should be some ready made services available provided by SAP for test project e.g. Purchase Approval Process.

Regards,

Naeem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to my guess those readymade services are avialable in ES Workplace and in this scenario you have to create an enterprise service and consume that from NWDS.

http://<host>:port/rep

this contains enterprise service builder and service registry and you have to create an enterprise service in ESB and you can publish it there it self to Service Registry and can consume that in NWDS

Regards

Manohar

Answers (0)