cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who clear the import queue?

0 Kudos

Hello,

The import queue at our site was cleared by someone. I recovered the queue from backup but would like to know if there is a way to discover who cleared the list?

TIA,

Yossef

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the Stms import Queue you can just rename the file in the Buffer in the /usr/sap/trans/buffer that is SID.PLease have the copy of the old file.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

0 Kudos

I already recovered the STMS import queue from backup tape.

My question is if I can find out who cleared the queue?

Regards,

Yossef

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to check at os level when some one logged in to the unix Machin

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm sure that it was not done at the OS level (The system is on Windows platform).

Regards,

Yossef

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is more than one way how an import queue might have been deleted.

The file may have been deleted or emptied at OS level, by tp command or other operating system commands. Follow Rishi's advice to investigate further.

All the transports may have been deleted from the queue by means of transaction STMS. In this case you may find out from the transport protocols the time when this happened. Then you may find out who called STMS at that time by transaction STAD.

hope this helps

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can also check SM20, but its a very tedious task to delete the queue from STMS so I believe it was done from the OS.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yossef,

You can also check at SAP level by going through ulog and look for tp DELFROMBUFFER . You can find ulog in \usr\sap\trans\log

Former Member
0 Kudos

yet another idea:

'import all' also will clear the import buffer.

Make sure whether the transport requests have been deleted or imported.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If this is windows system check the event viever.I think you can get Some thing.

Thanks.

Rishi Abrol