cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

message encoding getting changed in adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

When i browse mesage in queue(MQ) , one of the speacial characters is of One-byte (1051 CCSID). Once it reaches the JMS-adapter(sender) its getting changed to two bytes , to be specific its getting converted to utf-8. No modules are used in adapter other than two JMS-standard modules. I need the message encoding to be same even after it reaches the adapter.

Please let me know , where is the possibility of message encoding getting changed.

Please provide Inputs.

Regards,

Satish .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After some tests, I have seen the you need not do anything special besides putting the correct CCSID into the sender adapter channel.

Could you let me know, which character is wrong?

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Set the message type to binary, so you would not have encoding conversion.

See online help for details.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

could u please tell me where exactly i need to set the parameter value "JMSBytesMessage". I could nt find in online documentation.

Thanks in advance.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You put the parameter under tab module chain in the parameter list of the module configuration.

As I know this is the only adapter where you have to put parameters to the module configuration instead of the channel parameters directly.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Under tab module we need to specify the Module name , then only we can give any parmeter related to that. If I need to give JMSMessage.type =BytesMessage , it should come under some module category.Help me.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Referring to Stefan's reply, check if the use of this module helps you: ConvertJMSMessageToBinary

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/4d/a3bc97ff55c742af7faed661635baf/content.htm

Regards,

Abhishek.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems to work only in receiver case.

I have to do some tests by my own.

Regards

Stefan

Edited by: Stefan Grube on Jul 2, 2009 12:27 PM

Edited by: Stefan Grube on Jul 2, 2009 12:28 PM