Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed in JMS Provider

rahul_kharya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In a document for JMS Connector it is given as we need to register the JMSConnectionFactory using Non-JNDI Provider, if our JMS Provider does not provide a naming system.

Does WebSphere MQ(non JMS) provides a naming system? If not should i register it using Non-JNDI procedure? When i register, its asking me to fill the Object Factory class and JMS Factory class? I am not able to find out the class implementing the javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory and javax.naming.spi.objectFactory interface.

Please help me out.

Regards

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

to the best of my knowlegde, NO JMS means NO JNDI.

This is because if you do not have a JMS patch installed on your MQSeries, you access MQSeries from Java using the MQSeries Java Library , which does not involve JNDI. When you install JMS then you can use JMS interfaces to connect to MQSeries and in that case you need to connect to the JNDI registry (which could be a File Based JNDI store / WAS JNDI connected to MQ) and lookup Factory and queues.

You should use Non-JNDI procedure in case you dont have a JMS enabled MQ.

Regards,

Amol

rahul_kharya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Amol. How abt the parameters that has to be defined in Visual Admin for this procedure.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which parameters you are talking about? Details please..

rahul_kharya
Participant
0 Kudos

In Visual ADMIN, Under the services i have JMS Connector. There my QueueConnectionFactory was been defined as JNDI Provider type and my user and password was blank. So i changed my provider type as Object Factory(Non JNDI) and entered the user and password details under the General Tab. There is one more tab called provider where we are supposed to enter the Object Factory class and JMS Factory class. what do i need to enter there? if i leave it blank its giving me an error(Class Loading Error).

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/22/cf4e71c46cdb4da31153be96c5389f/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

Not really sure but I dont think you need to do all this when you want to connect to messaging systems from XI. For communication from XI, it would be only deployment of JMS drivers.

I think the link that you have specified is the setting required when you configure JMS resources i.e. Queue / topics / connection factory etc on WebAS and the actual resources exist on underlying messaging system.

Regards,

Amol

rahul_kharya
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Amol. Right now we are on SP9 and we are facing the error

Error: javax.jms.JMSException: MQJMS2005: failed to create MQQueueManager for '<my_jms_host>:<my_jms_qm>'

at com.ibm.mq.jms.services.ConfigEnvironment.newException(ConfigEnvironment.java:434)

at com.ibm.mq.jms.MQConnection.createQM(MQConnection.java:998)

at com.ibm.mq.jms.MQConnection.createQMNonXA(MQConnection.java:707)

at com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueueConnection.<init>(MQQueueConnection.java:206)

at com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueueConnection.<init>(MQQueueConnection.java:76)

at com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueueConnectionFactory.createQueueConnection(MQQueueConnectionFactory.java:143)

at com.sap.aii.messaging.adapter.ModuleTransport2JMS.init(ModuleTransport2JMS.java:343)

at com.sap.aii.messaging.adapter.ModuleHandlerImpl.run(ModuleHandlerImpl.java:555)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

There is a OSS Note(749743) for this error. Its been specified as error occurs in SP5 and solution is we need to upgrade it. But we are facing it with SP9. Thats why i was trying to look into these parameters. If i upgrade it to SP15, will it be solved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

Prerequisite as mentioned in this note is to have your SP>SP5 for XI3.0.

And this problem MQJMS2005 is wrt the user authentication. So if you see the user name and password fields on your communication channel configuration screen, then specify the correct credentials of the MQSeries machine user which belongs to MQM group.

Rgds,

Amol

rahul_kharya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Where do we need to create the MQ User and Password?

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your MQ installation host operating system should have this user. and it should be a part of the MQM user group on that machine

Answers (0)