SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POSDM Pipe - Inbound Queue Processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone have knowledge on the inbound queuing functionality that relates to POSDM Tlog (e.g. transactions /posdw/qmon, /posdw/qdis)? From what I have heard this will be useful in reducing development costs and improving processing efficiency. However, before investigating on system I would like to have a clear idea of its requirements, functionality and limitations.

Kindest regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

Hello Clive,

maybe this can help you besides the infos from Bruce:

This Input is from Thorsten O. from Germany:

The Inbound queuing approach is used to support trickle feeding in POS DM. So when transaction coming in by trickle feed these are not created directly in POS DM but written into the inbound queue. Then you have to post the inbound queue records to generate the transactions in POS DM.

With inbound queuing you can post mutiple days and stores within one file and you can do parallel postings for the same store/day combination.

It is available with BI_CONS 7.04.

But it does not reduce development cost (maybe it can simplify the mapping, you do not have to spilt POS files containing more than one day/store combination) and it does not really improve processing efficiency.

Best Regards,

Markus

P.S: To ShyamM: I'm sorry - but I have no idea what your problem has to do with the original question of this post!

I suggest you delete it and put up a new post. Thank you

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Clive,

Please have a look at the SAP POS DM page and see if this provides you with what you are looking for. If not please let us know and we can redirect the inquiry.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Retail/SAPPOSDM%28SAPPoint-of-SaleDataManagement%29

Regards,

SAP Retail Moderator

0 Kudos

Hello Bruce

Need your help for the following issue..

We are implementing SAP IS retail with POS and POS DM, When the Tlog is sent back to POS DM by triggering standard BAPI in XI.

We could able to see the data coming to POS DM but i am getting Error : Currency is missing ..Message no. 5A400.

I have uploaded the master data in BI for a onjects but still we are facing the error. Would be a great help in i get some information to trouble shoot this issue.

0COMP_CODE( Company Code.)---

0SALESORG (Sales Organization)

0RT_CUSTPL

0MATERIAL (Material)

u2022 0EANUPC (European Article Numbers/Universal Product Code)

u2022 0RPA_MEAN (EAN Assignment to Article)

u2022 0RPA_MARM (Units of Measure for Article)

u2022 0PLANT (Plant)

u2022 0MAT_PLANT (Material Plant View)

u2022 0RPA_DISQU (Unit of Measure for Display)

u2022 0RPA_UMREZ (Counter for Conversion of Base Unit of Measure)

u2022 0RPA_UMREN (Denominator for Conversion of Base Unit of Measure)

u2022 0MATL_GROUP (Material group)

u2022 0BASE_UOM (Base Unit of Measure)

u2022 0RPA_MVF (Valuation Factor for Average Cost Value)

u2022 0RPA_CURUOM (Currency Unit Basis for Moving Average Valuation Factor)

Thank You

0 Kudos

Hi Bruce,

Could you please assist,

currently we are receiving the sales file in POSDm through idoc , we want to use inbound queue to increase the efficiency and reduce data locking.

Once the data is posted in posdm the transactions are posted in POSDW/mono, we have set immediate setting in partner profile also.

Now we want to us posdw/qdis,please let me know the several steps involve in it.

Thanks

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Directed to the POS DM Wiki. This should provide the required information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the link to the WIKI pages. I have checked them again this morning and can only find a high level reference to the inbound queue. This is in the section:

Connectivity Kit for Integration Scenario "POS Integration": - Implementation Guide POS

In there it contains two pieces of information about the inbound queue. I quote:

Info 1:

Depending on the POS DM customizing settings (transaction: /N/POSDW/IMG) for the store sending the data: It is possible to post the incoming data immediately or to use the inbound queue of POS DM (transaction: /N/POSDW/QMON and /N/POSDW/QDIS) to post the data in a separate processing unit/step.

Info 2:

To identify if the imported message you are able to use the inbound queue of POS DM. The XML messages of the inbound service can get identified in the queue monitor with the fields "Key" that carries the global unique indentifier of the message instance and 'Object Type = XML_DOC'.

I cannot see any other info on this either in the freely accessible documents or within SMP.

What I would like to know is how this inbound queue is intended to work. For example why should an organisation use it and how do they implement and monitor it?

Kindest regards,

Former Member

Hello Clive,

maybe this can help you besides the infos from Bruce:

This Input is from Thorsten O. from Germany:

The Inbound queuing approach is used to support trickle feeding in POS DM. So when transaction coming in by trickle feed these are not created directly in POS DM but written into the inbound queue. Then you have to post the inbound queue records to generate the transactions in POS DM.

With inbound queuing you can post mutiple days and stores within one file and you can do parallel postings for the same store/day combination.

It is available with BI_CONS 7.04.

But it does not reduce development cost (maybe it can simplify the mapping, you do not have to spilt POS files containing more than one day/store combination) and it does not really improve processing efficiency.

Best Regards,

Markus

P.S: To ShyamM: I'm sorry - but I have no idea what your problem has to do with the original question of this post!

I suggest you delete it and put up a new post. Thank you

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the information. Can you tell me please the answers to the following questions:

1) Does the middleware still post to POSDM using the standard calls (e.g. RFC /posdw/create_transactions_ext) or is there a new BAPI/RFC to call? If so what is it?

2) Before the POS data ends up in the inbound queue what transformations and checks does it go through (e.g. credit card encryption, BADI implementations, missing currency checks)?

3) Same question as 2 above except its when the POS data leaves the inbound queue and is heading for the Tlog,

4) Can the inbound queue be emptied using the program /posdw/pipedispatcher? This should reduce store/day locking conflicts. If not how is it emptied?

5) Is there any functionality for changing POS data in the inbound queue or is it intended to work in the same way as a PSA.

6) Can the queue be monitored using /posdw/mon0? If not then does this give the business or IT another task/transaction for monitoring the POS inbound?

Sorry for all the questions, but now I know what its for I want to get a better feel for how its been designed and the impact of using it.

Kind regards and thanks to Thorsten O.

0 Kudos

Hi Clive,

let me share some insight on my understanding of the queue ...

1) Does the middleware still post to POSDM using the standard calls (e.g. RFC /posdw/create_transactions_ext) or is there a new BAPI/RFC to call? If so what is it?

Both RFC interfaces (BAPI and EXT) and their related IDOCs, Services, ... will work with the Inbound Queue. From an interface perspective the only change for a user is that you can now send in multiple days and stores within one call.

2) Before the POS data ends up in the inbound queue what transformations and checks does it go through (e.g. credit card encryption, BADI implementations, missing currency checks)?

The rules that applied to the "old interfaces" regarding potential errors are valid as before. So the system takes more or less whatever you send in and will raise errors when ISO code conversions are not possible or if you have entries that can not be clearly be assigne dto one transaction. Of course the locking issue will not occur but will be handeled i´n the second posting step. Encryption needs to be done before writing the data to the queue. (BADIs /POSDW/BAPIINPUT_PRE and PST are executed before posting to the queue)

3) Same question as 2 above except its when the POS data leaves the inbound queue and is heading for the Tlog,

No additional checkings as the checking has been done upfront. Locked store/day combinations can be reposted when the Queue Dispatcher is running

4) Can the inbound queue be emptied using the program /posdw/pipedispatcher? This should reduce store/day locking conflicts. If not how is it emptied?

The programm to use is /POSDW/INBOUNDDISPATCHER, the related transaction code is /POSDW/QDIS

5) Is there any functionality for changing POS data in the inbound queue or is it intended to work in the same way as a PSA.

There is no editor to change data in the queue. Its more like a QRFC.

6) Can the queue be monitored using /posdw/mon0? If not then does this give the business or IT another task/transaction for monitoring the POS inbound?

No, there is a new monitoring transaction code /POSDW/QMON. Thiswill provide you with a view on the packages in the queue. If you are using the automated deletion of posted records (customizing) you will only sees packages in error or unprocessed. If you use the reorg report you will also find processed packages in there (reorg through /POSDW/REORG_TIBQ).

Regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Clive, you may find this overview useful:

http://sapknowhow.ecoservity.com/profiles/blogs/sap-posdm-technical-guide

Let me know if you have more specific questions.

AJ

0 Kudos

Hello,

can anyone help me in adding the unknown material number as stated above in this thread.

I have already added the entries of the article and its EAN number in following info object.

0MATERIAL

0RPA_MEAN

Is there any other infoobject where the entries should be added to make an unknown EAN/UPC or Material number to work without an error message

Thanks,

Nitin Gupta

0 Kudos

Nitin,

You also incilude:

0EANUPC

0RPA_MARM

Regards,

Dave

0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for the answers but i have another question related to POSDM customizing.

Is it possible to export all POSDM customizing entries for a specific profile into a new system. We are looking for a way to configure all new systems by somehow exporting the relevant values.

Do suggest the ways possible other than manual entries.

Thanks,

Nitin

ramesh_duraisamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

One Method of transferring data from store systems to the POSDM interface ans standard IDocs.

The structure of the R/3 IDoc's is the same as those supported by POSDM.

WPUBON01 - Receipt based Data

WPUUMS01 - Compressed Sales Data

WPUTAB01 - End of Day closing POS

WPUWBW01 - Goods movements

WPUKSR01 - Cashier Data

WPUFIB01 - Financial Transactions.

Use IDOC Dispatcher to do parallel posting of the Inbound IDOC's to POSDM once they have been transferred to POSDM.

Do not use immediate processing settings in we20.

Use automated upload area to pick up incoming new IDOCs while dispatcher has already been started.

Use control section to be able to trigger information events.

Thanks and Regards,

Ramesh D