cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of Time Series KF in SNP PA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have two time series key figure in my SNP planning area which is getting populated with the help of a macro.

Now we have decided to delete the both the time series key figure and replace with the auxiliary key figure.

If I delete these key figures from the SNP planning area ( after deactivation) will be there any inconsistency in the system or can I go ahead with the execution of it. Please advice.

Thanks,

Siva.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Siva,

Assuming these two timeseries keyfigures are not used in Net Requirement Calculation (not part of Total Demand and Total Supply) or Stock-on-Hand then there should not be any issue in deletion. But once deleted readjust your datasource for planning area if you have so for data extraction for BI.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Somanth,

Thanks for your reply.

We are not using these key figures for any calculation. So I will go ahead with the deletion.

But the SNP PA is used in BW extraction. What will be impact on my Data source due to this deletion?

Can you pls let me know the steps for readjusting the data source?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

You said those key fig were used for extracting data for BW (reporting). we also do that and we have one time series key fig in of our snp PA.

Now if you delete the key figs and again some time you need those key fig, then you have to take back up for this.

When you assign any key figures to a PA you enter the Infocube from which the key figure is taken. This forms a link between the Infocube and the planning area.

So, take a backup of your PA in infocube so that you can asigne those to the PA whenever needed.

Or, you can take a copy of the version, before deleting the Key fig.

Thanks,

Satyajit

Edited by: Satyajit Patra on Jul

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Siva ,

When you delete the key figure from the planning area , it is obvious that the key figure will no longer be available . So you have to replicate the data source that has this key figure in APO and also in APO-BW / BW depending on where your data source is used. That is if you ultimately pull data to core BW system you have to replicate the data source in core BW . On the other hand if you have back up info cubes in APO-BW you have to replicate the data source in APO-BW.

To replicate the data source in APO u use the tcode /n/sapapo/msdp_admin .

Thanks

Saradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx for all ur replies.

Regards,

Siva.

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry for the delayed response. Goto /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN and select your SNP Planning Area.

Then from menu bar navigate to Extras >> Data Extraction Tools.

Here use the Check Datasource and Repair Datasource to do the necessary corrections.

More on this in help.

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx for ur reply Somnath.

Regards,

Siva.

Answers (0)