cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

storage location

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends

when i go to VL01n there i need to enter the storage location . i want to make it automatic. i mean when i go to VL01n i need the storage location to be displayed. do help. also how to config

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to OVL3 and assign storage location for your SHIPPING POINTSTORAGE CONDITIONSPLANT....

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

i tried but i ve to still put it manually.. not getting it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In OVLP, activate the check box Determine storage location. By doing this system will propose all the allowed storage locations automatically based on the parameters defined in OVL3. In VL01N, in storage location field, you need to press F4 and select the value.

At the max. system will propose ST. Loc. but then you have to manually select one out of the proposed st. loc.

regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Cheten,

Pls. check the Following :

Plant & S. Loc at at material Master level.

Plant at Customer master level(whether plant is same or Diff. Plant).

If you have any Cus. Mat. Info. Record (whats the Plant there)

Because system Pick the Plant 1st from CMIR 2. Cus. master finally material master if not maintain at both the level.

AND CHECK FOLLOWING SETTINGS TOO:

1. IMG > Log. Execution > Shipping > Picking > Check Item Category Relevant for Picking

2. IMG > Log. Execution > Shipping > Picking > Determine Picking Location

There the rule Should be maintain MARA &

Settings for Shipping Point (your SP)+ Plant (Your Plant )+ Storage Condition ( If any oterwise blank)=Your Storage Location (The same Location u maintain in Mat. master)

I hope this will help u revert me if still face problum...

Regards

Deepak

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Material master and maintain Storage location there in MRP2 view, in the field product storage location.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

I have doubt. In MRP 2 view there are 2 storage locations. One is for In house production that will be copied to planned order, production order And other storage location is for external procurement that will be copied to purchase req.

So will it be copied in Delivery Document.

regards.

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

You are absolutely right by giving the details of the two storage location field. and i am fully agree with your statement. But my understanding behind suggesting that thing because after production you keep your material into the storage location that is Product storage location and from there the material is ready to be picked( if it is not transferred to some other SLOC).

So as here the user said he has maintained the Storage location determination perfectly so there might be Product storage location missing in material master.

Actually when you create sales order the Storage location is determined by this field only. And by the Rule MALA the storage location is determined in Delivery.

I hope it helps you.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In material master, MM02, go to Plant dat/ stor1 tab and maintain storage conditions there.

Rgds

Ravi