cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

urgent- Error dur to char contain invalid characte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus.

I am extracting data through generic extracting from Table OSMON.my problem is that in table OSMON one field(SERVER) contain data which is having ~ HIFIN in its data that's y my data upload is failing.Its giving error char contain invalid character,the thing is that i cant edit data at table level as this is standard table.Can u please guide me how to resolve this error.is their any way BW system except this type of symbol.

Thaks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wajid,

Goto RSKC transaction and add the ~ character. Then retry the load.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

i did that i added special characted,but still getting same error.(Value 'cib61s~1 ' (hex. '6369623631737E31 ') of characteristic SERVER contains invalid characte).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

And also make sure that the object is allowing lower case letters. If it is not allowing, use TOUPPER Formula in TR/UR .

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wajid

I have checked the conversion of your hexadecimal string to character set and it is as follows

Hexadecimal 6369623631737E31

Character cib61s~1

So the problematic character is ~ . Also convert it to UPPER using formula operator and then reload the data .

Link to check hexadecimal string to character set

http://www.lookuptables.com/

Hope this helps to all.

Regards

Pradip

(Don't forget to assign points )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks v much u all guys.

Problem is solved,i have added ~.and then at char level i unable lower case,and it gone through.