cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

context

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have define context ,context descreption in SPRO now i want to assign the the event to context now can u please guide me wht object type i have to sellect ? where it will trigger.?

kindly help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You use a context to define the conditions for document distribution using recipient lists. For

example, you want to distribute a version that has just been created to different recipients from a

version that has already been released.

You allocate the context to a recipient list. By entering a context, you can limit the number of

recipient lists that are considered when you start the document distribution. The document is only

sent to those recipients for whom the chosen context has been maintained in the recipient list.

If you only want recipient lists with a specific context to be taken into account when you distribute

documents automatically following a certain event, you must make the appropriate settings in

Customizing for the Document Management System, under Document distribution->Context

-->Allocate context to an event

Object Type: draw

Event of the object (this depends on your doc staus) here select:Status_Rl note: released doc only.

Context: Select for all (*)

Benakaraja

??p

Edited by: benaka rajes on Jul 1, 2009 5:26 PM

Edited by: benaka rajes on Jul 1, 2009 5:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx for reply

1 How to assign the context to recipients or recipients list?

2 standard recipient list how it has been created?

THx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Context is not only related to distribution lists. Its related to the actual context in which you are distributing a document. The fact that it controls the distribution list is not the reason for context, but rather as added functionality to contexts.

For example, you may have different reasons for distribution a document. This could be:

a) for review

b) for final distribution

To allow for these context, the distribution messages can be modified for each context so the recipient understands why they are receiving the document and what they are required to do.