cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functionality Questions With Respect To OSS Hint 1009567

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are to develop a print job and are thinking about using adobe interactive forms technology .

Nevertheless, we are a bit reluctant, as reading the OSS hint 1009567 which states the functional differences between SAP interactive forms and smart forms we are not sure whether the following required functionality would be covered by SAP Interactive Forms.

It would be great if someone would be able to tell us whether the following requirements can be met using SAP Interactive Forms within a print job, i.e. ABAP level, no use of Web Dynpro :

- total amount of pages:

The information of the total amount of pages of a print out is needed on the first page as it needs to be encoded within a barcode

on the first page (refering to OSS hint 1009567 nr 1)

- count copies

It must be possible to count copies, is this possible? (refering to OSS hint 1009567 nr 3)

- Styles

Furthermore I have some questions to hint 1009567:

-within nr 4 it is stated that final windows are not supported. What are final windows?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, I was not yet finished and somehow posted the message accidentally: Here now the complete version

-

Hello,

we are to develop a print job and are thinking about using adobe interactive forms technology .

Nevertheless, we are a bit reluctant, as reading the OSS hint 1009567 which states the functional differences between SAP interactive forms and smart forms we are not sure whether the following required functionality would be covered by SAP Interactive Forms.

It would be great if someone would be able to tell us whether the following requirements can be met using SAP Interactive Forms within a print job, i.e. ABAP level, no use of Web Dynpro :

- total amount of pages:

The information of the total amount of pages of a print out is needed on the first page as it needs to be encoded within a barcode

on the first page (referring to OSS hint 1009567 nr 1)

- count copies

It must be possible to count copies, is this possible? (referring to OSS hint 1009567 nr 3)

- Styles

Is there really no possibility to define styles that can be included within multiple forms? (referring to OSS hint 1009567 nr 5)

- It needs to be possible to mark texts as having to be printed cohesively onto one page (referring to OSS hint 1009567 nr 7)

- Tabulators

Texts are included that contain tabulators, would these be ignored as well?(referring to OSS hint 1009567 nr 9)

-Pagebreak

It must be possible to define an explicit page break(referring to OSS hint 1009567 nr 16)

-paper trays

t must be possible to trigger explicit paper trays(referring to OSS hint 1009567 nr 16)

- Email ADS

It must be possible to email the documents. Is this possible ((referring to OSS hint 1009567 nr 33 & OSS hint 1291734)

Furthermore I have some questions to hint 1009567:

-within nr 4 it is stated that final windows are not supported. What are final windows?

-within nr 6 it is stated that there are restrictions concerning the total amount of pages. This refers to the total amount of pages of a document and not to the total amount of pages of a spool, is this correct?

- within nr 13 it is stated that not all sapscript & smartforms functions concerning include texts and text modules are supporte. Does anybody have a list of what is not supported?

-within nr 15 is stated that coding knots within a context are not supported. what are coding knots within a context?

Thank you a lot in advance for your answers

Annette