cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Info Object blocked for conversion'- Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

when i try to change the infoobject ZTEST, it gives the message :'ZTEST blocked for conversion'.

WHT DOES THIS MEAN?

HOW DO I REMOVE THE BLOCK?

when i try to activate, i get runtime error:

Database error text........: "ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE".

Plz help!!

Regards,

Dhanya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have solved it..ther was an option in extras to remove conversion lock.

Regards,

DHANYA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have the same problem. I removed some compounding objects and added a new one.When I activate it gives the same error. Can you tell me exactly where you found the option to unblock conversion?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhanya

can you please explain how you solved this or kindly email solution to bapido@yahoo.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i cannot create another info object as ZTEST is already in use in the data targets and i cannot change that...

Regards,

Dhanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

but i want to add the existing info object only as coumpounding attribute.

there fore i have to delete it fom attribute list.

any clue as how to unblock this infoobject?

Regards,

Dhanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as i know there is no other way to delete an attribute from master data info object.

I would suggest you to create a new infobject and add that in compounding. Make the existing info object as Display only and do not update any data to this info object.( delete transfer rules).

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Ya i m trying to change MasterData infoobject ZTEST.

info object contains Naviagational attributes.

wht, i did was ,deleted an attribute and added a infoobject as compunding chs.

but data was already loaded for ZTEST.

when i checked it gave me no error.

but later when i came back,i got this messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhanya,

Once the data is loaded into the Info Object you cannot delete its Attributes. because SIDs are created for Master data Info Objects.

You can do the following.

Do not delete the existing Info Object, rathar make it as Display only Attribute and add the new Compounding Attribute to Info Object and activate it.

Hope this should solve your problem, let me know your feedback.

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhanya,

In Oracle a 3114 error is a DB connection problem.

Cause: A call to Oracle was attempted when no connection was established. Usually this happens because a user-written program has not logged on. It may happen if communication trouble causes a disconnection. In addition, this message could occur when ALTER SYSTEM KILL SESSION or ALTER SYSTEM DISCONNECT SESSION were issued with the IMMEDIATE qualifier because, in those cases, the client's connection to the database is terminated without waiting for the client to issue a request.

A nice resource for Oracle messages is on Oracle Technet. This link takes you to a 9.2 DB error message search page. You can join Technet form this link - it's free.

http://www.oracle.com/pls/db92/db92.error_search?remark=homepage&prefill=ORA-

Bye

Dinesh

coutesy:Pizzaman in

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhanya,

Are you using a master data Info Object?

Does the info object contains any Naviagational attributes and what you actually want to change?