cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI different clients problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having PI 100 and 110 clients. If i make any development in PI 100 client ..and i want to test in PI 110 client. Is that possible?

And one more question is..if the IR and ID objects are going to be displayed in PI 110 client as well?

Request you to clarify on this.

Thanks

Hamja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hamja,

most part of PI development is done in the Java stack and this has no client concept, therefore is makes no much sense to have more than one client. An excepion would be for example ABAP mappings. If you develop them in 100 you test them in 110, no problem. Program code is available in all clients, data usually only in one.

And of course the experts are right, you can have only one client configured as "Integration Server" (Transaction SXMB_ADM / Integration Engine Configuration).

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your prompt replies.

-Hamja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Only one of the client of your PI system will act as Integration Server. Therefore if you could develop your IR and ID objects for one client, then other client won't have possibility to again open separate IR and ID.

What is your requirement? What do you want to test from other client?

Regards,

Prateek

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>I am having PI 100 and 110 clients. If i make any development in PI 100 client ..and i want to test in PI 110 client. Is that possible?

XI can only work with one client - so there is no way to use it with 2 clients

hope that answers your question

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk