cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to copy query built on Infoset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

i want to copy a query which is built on the Infoset. I know RSZC can be used to copy the query between infoproviders, but how do i copy the query which is built on a Infoset.

thanks and regards

vijaykumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

chandra,

i dont think so its possible to copy a query built on an infoset to a cube

-Doodle

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi doodle

i am not planning to copy the query of Infoset to Infocube. But i want to make a copy of the query on the Infoset itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra,

Want to copy a query from infoset1 to infoset2?

But still i dont think its possible

-Doodle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very simple..

Open the query designer screen for the query that u want to copy..at the top of the screen(where the buttons appear)u will find an option for 'Save as'.

This is used to save in new query.

Click this and give required technical name and description to the required copy of the query.

Save the copy and use it.

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

as you said when i am planning to save the query, i am able to save it to the roles or the favourites. Can i save it under the Infoset with a new technical name anyway. Or else is there anyway where i can shift my query from the Roles to a particular infoprovider under the infoarea.

regards

vijaykumar

Message was edited by: chandrashekara vijaykumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

U can create the query with a new technical name-sure.

But I dont think u can move it under a different infoprovider.It gets created under the same infoset only.

Queries I believe are specific to a infoprovider when created.

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra

IF you are tryng to do -

1. Copy the query on Infoset 1 to the same Infoset 1 - then do "Save As" as suggested by Vishvesh.

2. Copy the query on Infoset 1 to Infoset 2 then -> It is not possible -> You will have to create a new Query on Infoset2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pradip what you said is right, but i am not getting the infoarea option for selecting and saving it into the infoset. When i say query save as, i am getting roles and favourites only to save for.

any help.

vijaykumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I think there is lot of confusion on this post. As per my understanding you want to copy query on the same infoset. Don't worry about the roles and favorites. Save it with new name under the favorite and it will automatically come under your infoset as every query has to be on some infoprovider evenif you save it in favorite it will retain the current infoset.

Hope it clears your doubts.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

Please proceed as ...don't bother about Roles & Favourites . Peform Save As into your favourites....Already Rohit has explained you .

Regards

Pradip

(Friends : Don't forget to assign points !!)