cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS vs PM integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

When i schedule my project it didnt take the maintenance order dates. i already assign my networkacitivity to maintenance order as a subnetwork.

Can any body elaborate how i can transfer my maintance order date to network activity or WBS.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sahmad_77,

Because such functionality does not exists, so that you can not archieve it which ever settings are used.

In the standard, there is only a top-down approach for the PS and PM integration. The network activity dates are handed down to the PM order for the scheduling, e.g. if you run CN24, or CJ29 and choose the option, that PM order should be scheduled.

But there are serveral alternatives, which allow the user to transfer the dates and duration from PM order -> PS network activity.

1. In CJ2B, select the activities, button 'maintenance orders' (shift + F7),

In the sub-screen, use right mouse key, functions 'copy duration ...' and 'set constraint...' are available.

2. Depends on release you have, there is a new transaction CN24N, in the monitor screen, you can carry out the function like 1.

3. in Enhancement 6 (not known, wenn it will be finished), you can do a bottom-up scheduling with PM orders.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sahmad_77 ,

After the release SAP_APPL 6.0 there is only new enhancment package instead of new release.

And the enhancement package 5 is now finished and will be released soon. The enhancement package 6 is in planning, may be sometime in 2010 or 2011 will be available.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Its very helpfull for your last informaion, Can you tell me howz the actual date behaviour when we confirm the operation from iw32 against maintenance order, how it will act in network activities, is any bottom up schedule from pm to ps for actual dates or........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First create project in CJ20N, then you create the maintenance order in IW31 at the time of order creation assign the WBS element and network order in *Additional data tab page* of the order.

Once you done the above step then you reschedule the project.

Please try this and come back for further clarification

Thanks

S.Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firstly thanks, I allready done this, but my maintenance order dates is not transfer to network activities when i schedule or change the dates through maintenance order,

Please also tell me If i assigned the WBS to maintenance order then how i extrapolate dates from maintenance order.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Two steps-

1.Assign the maintenance order type in OPU6

2.Define Levels for network scheduling. (SPRO-PS-Scheduling)

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can not assign the Maintenance order type by using the OPU6 to the required plant, as you mentioned in your last mail. the system give message i.e. (Specify the key within the work area)

kindly update me regarding bottomup scheduling from maintenance order to my network activity.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

is the order generation happened from activity or else the order was created in system then assigned ?

when the oder is generated after rel of activity or immidiate or MRP run then only dates will get transfered since the origin of order is from activity. When externally this is done the dates are not transfererd. PM order and Network orders are at same level orders. Hence PM order cost will be assigned to WBS only.

Regards,

Sameer