cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the stand Purchasing ODS corresponding to cube 0PUR_C01?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our current design is that we load Purchasing Item data from R3 to BW standard InfoCube 0PUR_C01 and then use this standard cube as data mart to feed data to different cubes of different clients. Then later we find there could be shortcomings for this design since if some record is cancelled/deleted on R3, then one canceled/deleted record on R3 will become two records on BW which could confuse customers when they run queries, especially if a record gets changed, then the Delta mechanism would send more records to BW for one single modified record on R3 that confuse customers when they run queries. Therefore we consider if we use an ODS as 1st level to load data from R3, then since ODS has the feature of "Overwrite" which could bring only one record over to BW for one single canceled/deleted/modified record from R3.

We are not sure if we use ODS to collect data from R3 and then use this ODS as data mart to feed data to different client cubes would meet our needs stated above to not to confuse our customers when they run queries. Hope experts here give us suggestions! If you think the idea would work, then could you let us know how to locate the standard purchasing item ODS which corresponds to the standard purchasing item cube 0PUR_C01 which we are currently using in Business Content?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

You can probably use the ODS 0PUR_O01. Check this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/77/5c27cf43b290408efe91148095d7ff/content.htm

Bye

Dinesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Kevin,

in mm purchasing extraction doc it's said

... 4.3.2 ODS Capability of Purchasing DataSources

If you want to update from Purchasing DataSources to ODS objects, you must refer to notes 322267 and 334300.

When updating to an ODS object the InfoObject 0RECORDMODE is of central importance.

If you want to delete data records from an ODS, the appropriate data record is transfered with 0RECORDMODE = 'R' (remove). This is precisely the case if the corresponding document or item is deleted in the OLTP...

when we implemented mm pur, no ods available and we have our own created ods.

there are ods 0pur_o01 and 0purc_o02,

but checked both in bw 3.0 and 3.5, installing business content with grouping 'in dataflow before' for 0pur_c01 didn't collect any ods objects, still infosources.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi AHP,

We know 0RECORDMODE = 'R' and the key figures can be offset each other, but no one would like it that they can still see same records in queries. Why not we can directly use 0pur_o01 directly as Denish suggested? Why we would have to refer OSS Notes 322267 and 334300? that should not be that complicated, right? We are confused by what you wrote "installing business content with grouping 'in dataflow before' for 0pur_c01 didn't collect any ods objects, still infosources.", what does it mean?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Even though you are using ODS as base for other cubes, you will get same thing(multiple records for one deleted record) will come to Info cube.

But I am wondering that there is nothing to worry about this methodology ,because we would not support Document level(Purchase order) reports most of the case in BW. And when we are displaying reports at more aggregaion to Document no these records will display proper results.

Even ehen displaying the report(at document level) you have a option to not to display the reocrds with zero values.

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Kevin,

i mean to check if ods 0pur_o01 is mapped to cube 0pur_c01, we can try simulate business content installation, if 0pur_c01 updated from 0pur_o01 then we will see update rules for 0pur_o01 to 0pur_c01 in collected business content objects.

hope it's clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Anil,

The problem is that for a modified record, the original record has a key figure 1000, then after conduc the Delta load, the modified record (modify a custom field content to trigger the Delta load), two records will come in, one would offset the original one with key figure -1000. Therefore we can't use 0 as key to display records.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>two records will come in, one would offset the original one with key figure -1000</i>.

I hope, this one make the value eq 0 for that document after compression OR It will makes the result of the record eq to 0 at OLAP (i.e before displaying the records to user) .

Here I have explained you the effect of one of the <i>two</i> records (one would offset the original one with key figure -1000). Similarly you can imagine the overall effect of 3 records.

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

Even if cube contains multiple records because of changes, in the report output it will give you a single aggregated value. Hence that should not be a problem as end user will see only one record with final value.

Also, if you use an ODS in between, your cube will still have multiple values. Change log table of ODS will store these changes and as you know this is the source table to update cube.

Hence in both cases there will be multiple records in cube, but in the query output you would be able to see single record with final value.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Praveen