cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation Invoice no.in accounting document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a customer requirement that needed the reference field in accounting document to contain the invoice no. I have used the copy control configuration (reference field) between delivery and billing to achieve the same. This requirement had to be done for cancellation invoices too and I'm aware that the control is available in the "Define Billing Type" screen.

The issue is incase of invoice cancellation, the cancellation accounting document should contain the cancellation billing document no and not the orginal invoice being cancelled. I do not see an option in the reference field to accomplish this requirement. The option "Invoice Document" in this field moves the orginal invoice no. to the reference field of the cancellation accounting document. Is there a way to add a new option to this reference field or any other configuration to meet this requirement.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Accounting Document, I could see two such fields and am not sure which field you were referring.

One is XBLNR with the text as "Reference" and another one is you can find after pressing F5 where the field name is AWKEY.

I believe your requirement is fulfilled in AWKEY. Please check and update.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for looking into this question.

I was referring to XBLNR field in the accounting document.

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then in that case, you have to maintain the same value both in VTFL and VOFA for the field Reference number. This will work for you. Check this and post the feedback.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

In VTFL, I have set Reference field as "E". This is relevant when a delivery is being invoiced and it works fine.

The VOFA setting is relevant for invoice cancellations and I have set the value as "E". The problem here, for invoice cancellation accounting document, the reference field has the number of orginal invoice (being cancelled) and not the cancellation invoice number. I'm not sure if there is a custom code that is overwritting this rule. Any thoughts.

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please create a new sale order, delivery, billing and cancel the same ?? Check in document flow of cancelled billing document. It is working for me in development client.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nadarajah & Lakshmi,

I thin we can do the same by Maintaining the Number Ranges.

In SNUM, for Object Type For RF_BELEG (Object Type for Financial Doc.), for Document Type RV we can maintain the same Number Range Series as we maintained Number Range for Billing. We also need to check the EXTERNAL field for Document Type RV.

The the Accounting Document Number generated will be same as that of Billing Number. Then there will be no problem in Cancelling the document also.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

I have created a new set of documents and it did not help. The cancellation accounting document still had the orginal invoice number. Also the ABAP confirmed there arent any custom code to fill in this reference field.

Can you confirm if the below mentioned configuration would suffice. We have an invoice type ZIVD which can be cancelled using ZIVC. In VOFA, for billing type ZIVD, under the cancellation section I have maintained the Cancell.billing type as ZIVC and Reference number as "E".

Is anything else required apart from this configuration?

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nadarajah,

In case of invoice cancellation reference number comes from the settings in VOFA.

In your case Delivery - billing - acct doc, it is working properly with the settings in VTFL.

We have an invoice type ZIVD which can be cancelled using ZIVC. In VOFA, for billing type ZIVD, under the cancellation section I have maintained the Cancell.billing type as ZIVC and Reference number as "E".

Your cancellation document type is ZIVC, so use value 'E' in reference number field here. I guess you are doing this only in ZIVD, where it is not required being not a cancellation document type.

It should work.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I had tried maintaing the value "E" in both billing types ZIVD and ZIVC, but even then had no luck.

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

You had said the configuration worked in your development client - can you confirm if the cancellation accounting document had the cancellation invoice no. and not the orginal invoice. I've been trying different options and do not have a solution till now..

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For couple of days, I dont have access to SAP and hence right now, I am unable to confirm this.

But if my memory is right, yes the cancellation accounting document had the cancellation invoice number. Anyway once I go back to my seat, will check it and confirm.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member1224230
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

In my opinon a copy control between invoice an caclulation shoud do the think unless you have some custom developments in the system. You should leave filed "reference number" blank and on a copy control when you have an oryginal invoice you should put E.

Such config will assure that in reference field of invoice you will have invoice number and it will be copied to cancellation document.

AWKEY always has a number of current document - that's how sap links FI with other modules.

Cheeers.

Piotr.