Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto extend growth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using oracle 10g.

I want to set the table space to auto growth.can you please specify the steps in BRTOOLS.

i have one question does auto extend comes automatically in 10g?

looking for reply.

Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the problem resolved..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi During the time of installation you Specify the Autoextend feature in the Advance DB configuration.

Pleas find then process how to set auto extend in Brtools.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/98/5dd5890f32274aa884e45e736752a2/content.htm

So just run Brtools --> Space management --> Auto extend by selecting the tacke Space.

you need to set this parameter to Yes

File autoextend mode (autoextend) .... [no]

Thnaks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

i went to brtools and selected space management

there were few options available , i selected second option alter table space.

then i found options conformation mode to yes.

but i could not find the options you specified .can you please list me in detailed.

Thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

please goto brtools then 2 Space Maagement-->4Alter Table Space

I think you shall get the option of Autoxtend there

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/47/13f0462c1721bfe10000000a114a6b/content.htm

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have seen the link.

i went to brtools>space mangement>extend tablespace

there we need to enter table space and set to auto extend.

is there any option that i can set to auto growth for all table spaces.

will there be any effect if i go for auto extend.

Thanks!!

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can set that during the installation. But as your system is already running you must set the option for each tablespace manually.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Autoextend is a datafile property. In BRTools use the modify datafile meny to switch autoextend on (you'll nee to provide the next extent and the max size for the datafile). However doing it in BRTools requires some time as you need to modify each datafile. You can use a SQL script similar to the one below to change autoextend for all database datafiles in one run:

set heading off

set pagesize 0

set lines 800

spool autoextendoff.sql

select 'alter database datafile '''||name||''' autoextend on next 20m; ' from v$datafile;

select 'alter database tempfile '''||name||''' autoextend off; ' from v$tempfile;

spool off

@autoextendon

Please do not use this script directly in production, edit it to your needs and test it before using it - I am not responsible for any data loss. Max size of datafile is not specified so it will be Unlimited, next extent is 20MB. Autoextend for temp datafiles is turned off by the script. Also, you might want to make sure your disk space is capable of supporting autoextent, I mean the size that the datafiles could potentially reach.

Thanks,

Noe

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please keep below points while going for autoextend of tablspace

Inside Oracle, the table and tablespaces can be made to extended on an as needed basis. This is a great feature for the Oracle DBA because they no longer need to constantly monitor table extents and the free space within each tablespace. By allowing automatic extending, the only possible source of an outage is when the filesystem becomes full.

Of course, in a production environment, an automatic extend of a tablespace can cause a performance problem, so senior DBAs will set AUTOEXTEND on as insurance, and continue to manually extend data files during off-peak hours.

and Remember, if you choose to allow object to extend indefinitely, you must constantly monitor your UNIX mount points to ensure that the filesystem does not become full. This is done with the u201Cdf u2013ku201D or u201Cbdfu201D commands

regards,

Sudhakar