cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Designing the scenario of multiple BAPI call in a loop in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I need some help in designing this scenario. I do not have the luxury to write a custom BAPI. Here is my scenario. A typical async>sync>async with little modification

1. Async call to BPM with input payload

2. BPM calla BAPI_SALESORDER_GETLIST with customer number and sales organization from input payload and returns a list sales order items (Sync)

3. I need to call the BAPI_SALESORDER_GETSTATUS for each sales order number that I got from the first call (Sync?). Not sure how this has to be designed

4. Transfer the data through HTTP adapter (Async)

I am able to perform step 1, 2 and 4 (of course only line item data). I need some pointer help on how to incorporate it in step 3 of BPM.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for the pointer but my problem is how I convert a single line message type response from BAPI_SALESORDER_GETLIST call to a multiline container type to be able to use the block for BAPI_SALESORDER_GETSTATUS call. Struggling through the mapping. Is it possible?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
3. I need to call the BAPI_SALESORDER_GETSTATUS for each sales order number that I got from the first call (Sync?). Not sure how this has to be designed

for this the BPM should have a block after the Sync send.......in the block have your send step....the mode of the block will be ForEach....

Check this blog for more info: /people/milan.thaker/blog/2008/08/05/modes-in-block-step-of-bpm

Check this similar example from help: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/11/13283fd0ca8443e10000000a114084/content.htm

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Jul 1, 2009 10:57 AM