cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install SAP xAPPS MAM Utilities 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We have installed Netweaver 2004s with usage type MI and also upgraded to SP17 for Java stack.

Now we have task to complete the installation by adding SAP xAPPS Mobile Asset Management for Utilities 3.0 SP05.

I have downloaded " Patch for XMAM 3.0, UTILITIES SP 05 " from OSS Support Packages and Patches - Entry by Application Group-> SAP XMAM 3.0, UTILITIES(NW04S). This one is a SCA file which i think need to be uploaded

from SDM.

I would like to know , what are activities i need to carry out from Basis side for installation of

SAP xAPPS Mobile Asset Management for Utilities 3.0 SP05 ?

Am i on right track by deploying MAU300503.sda file through SDM ? what else we need to carry out.

Regards,

RR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appreciate your valuable inputs on this topic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ganesh,

The pre-requisites for SAP MAU are:

1. SAP NetWeaver 04 or 04s installation.

2. SAP Plant Maintenance and Utilities configuration in ERP.

If you have the above systems in place then there is not much to be done from the BASIS side. You have to have the SAP MAU deployed on the NetWeaver server. This is required to deploy the solution on SAP Mobile Infrastructure either on laptops or mobile devices.

You can follow the SAP MAU installation guide for detailed steps that need to be carried out to get MAU working.

However there are quite a few steps in SAP ERP and NetWeaver to get the solution working:

1. SAP MAM and MAU customization and configuration

2. SAP MAU setup in NetWeaver

3. SAP MI installation on the mobile device / laptop

4. Deployment of this solution on the SAP MI.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Dilip

http://www.indience.com

http://www.indience.com/index.php/products/mobile-asset-management.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the way you can unzip the sca file, take the mau.sda file and deploy it on NetWeaver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dilip ,

Thanks for your inputs , but my question is how could i deploy MAM 3.0 utility in my current MI 7.0 system.

I have downloaded 51033401 CD SAP XMAM 3.0 (ON NW04S) Installation Product which contains folders

Addons

Client

Client_IDE

Client_Source

MAU_Docs

MD5FILE.DAT

META-INF

SHAFILE.DAT

SyncBO

I do not understand where i need to deploy this file or 51033401 CD in order to incorporate XMAM 3.0 for utility in our MI 7.0 server. i know the next step would be to deploy SCA file for MAU contains in CD MAU05P_3-10003984.

Please throw some light on this issue.

Edited by: ganesh rr on Jul 2, 2009 10:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ganesh,

I am assuming you are starting from scratch. This would mean that you have to do the entire MAM / MAU setup. The detailed steps should be available in the SAP Installation Guide for MAM / MAU. You can follow this guide for the setup. The broad steps would be as follows:

1. Setup MAM customization in ECC.

2. Establish a connection between SAP NetWeaver and SAP ECC.

3. Upload the SAP syncBo definition file available in the folder Client to SAP NetWeaver 7.0.

4. Generate and activate the syncBOs.

5. Replicate the server driven data to the middleware.

6. Upload the MAM / MAU sda file available in Client folder to SAP NetWeaver web console.

7. Assign the application to your user.

8. Install SAP MI on your laptop. Enter the settings.

9. Assign the application to your user name in web console.

10. Synchronize form the laptop.

These are very high level steps. This will not provide you the detailed steps. You have to either follow the SAP MAM installation guide or take help of an SAP MAM consultant. Is this a set up to try out MAM?

Regards,

Dilip

Answers (0)