cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delegation function in E-Sourcing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know whether E-Sourcing has a delegation function? If the approval is on leave, he can assign others to approve on his behalf? Or when someone is on leave, the administrator can help to put in on behalf for the approver? This function is available in SRM. How about in E-Sourcing? If this function is not available do anyone know whether you can write script to program that to happen?

Regards

Lisa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

james_wojnicki
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

If you login with your enterprise user goto

Setup->System Administration->Accounts and Security->Buy-Side User Accounts-> then find the user you would like to impersonate. Select that user then on the toolbar you will see the Action button click the button and select Log In as This User.

If you do not have access to the enterprise user you may have to do some configuration of your security profiles.

You can find the security setting you need to see is active by doing the following:

Setup->System Administration->Accounts and Security->Security Profiles->Then either create a new profile or select the System Administrator->Go to Access Rights Tab->In the Show Only: select Users and Security->Go to the Second Page->Select Edit->Then Change User Impersonation Execute to Allow.

You may want to create a new security profile that has only this capability or you may want to just add it to your System Administrator's Profile. This is a customer decision. I have done it both ways on customer sites. If you just want to see how it works just do it on the System Administrator's Profile then swithc back when you are done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James, thanks.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

james_wojnicki
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Lisa,

You can not have approvals without workflows.

But the impersonate a user functionality is available in any system.

Regards,

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

I am not sure what you mean. Can you tell me the steps to login as a system administrator and impersonate the approver to approved the item? I could not see any impersonate function in the system. Thanks.

Regards

Lisa

james_wojnicki
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

E-Sourcing 5.0/ CLM 1.0 are the same systems using the same workflow funtionality. The functionality did not change in E-Sourcing 5.1/ CLM 2.0

Keep in mind that when these were Frictionless they were just different modules of the same systems. Workflows function basically the same on any of the modules.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Thanks for the response. I am not talking about the workflow. Because workflow is basically using scripts (it is basically programming) so you can do anything (almost anything). I am talking about the delegation function. Is it available in E-Sourcing 5.0 and below?

Regards

Lisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

To use first choice as mentioned by James. impersonation should be enabled for system administrator to approve.

Good Luck

james_wojnicki
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

You have two options for delegating an approver. There are many other ways this can be done but with the information provided these are the two most likely choices..

1. The E-Sourcing/ CLM system can allow users with System Administration access to login as a another user and approve on their behalf. When the workflow is approved or rejected the system logs both user ids.

2. Do a Group Approval where only one member of the group has to approve. Include the original approver and their delegated resource in the group.

Regards,

James

Approval Options in E-Sourcing/ CLM are the following:

Single User Approval

Group Approval where only one group member needs to approve

Group Approval where all group members need to approve

You can have multiple levels of approval. So for each phase of the approval process you can have an additional set or sets of approvers. In theory infinite number of approval phases and infinite number of approval steps in each phase. In practice we usually see 4-8 contract phases with 2-4 being approval phases and each approval phase has 1-3 approvers. But keep in mind every process is different.

Approvals based on value matrixes, contract values, Business Units, auto approval Etc. are possible.

Because the workflows are XPDL scripting and java based there is a high level of flexibility in how we select the approver change phases, validate document meta data, force loading of pdf contracts, etc..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

which version of E-Sourcing / CLM you are referring? I am currently using E-Sourcing 5.0. (No CLM function).

Regards

Lisa