cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CDP Purchase Reqs in ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a purchase reqs and planned orders with characteristic reqts in APO. How will these be maintained in ECC ?

All my materials are batch managed and material types are ROH, FERT and HALB. I'm using CDP to plan based on the batch characteristic requirement.

Can you guys please tell me this, seems to be a big road block for me.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sapcrs,

Now I am clear with your question.

You maintain class and characteristics.

Followed by assigning those into the material master

Assign those into work center if required

Assign those into the production version

Then in the routing, double click on the operation number, followed by goto the top menu, Extras ---> Classification

In this, you maintain the characteristic propagation as required.

Once maintained, you cif the bom and routing .

The characteristic propagation maintained will get attached into the PPM

Please confirm.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

former_member978618
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It should have solved by now !

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sapcrs,

Once the class and characteristics are created in ECC, assign the characterisitics in the material master of the products in the classification view.

Once this is done, then assign the products in the bom and routing.

During ciffing, follow the below sequence.

1) Plant

2) Material

3) Resource

4) Bom & routing

This will generate the PPM accordingly.

Please confirm.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess I'm not making my question clear.

I know PPM will get generated if I do CIF of production version (BOM + Routing). These PPM will not have characteristic propogation. I'm using CDP. So I have to use characteristic propogation to transfer the characteristic requirements to dependent components. Once I create BOM and Routing in ECC and CIF over to APO, it is available as PPM. Then I go and update the PPM with my characteristic propogation.

If there is a way to maintain this charactereistic propogation data in ECC too that would be great. Is there any way for that ?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sapcrs,

In ECC, PPM cannot be defined as PPM is master data element specific to APO.

Moreover, PPM is the combination of your Bom and routing of ECC data.

If you transfer both bom and routing in ECC data to APO, it will generate PPMs.

All characteristics again will be generated in ECC and transferred to APO.

Hope it is clear now. Please confirm.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sapcrs,

For better integrated CDP functionality to work, it should not be created directly manually in APO.

You need to use Core interface (CIF) functionality to transfer all your class and characteristics to APO.

Once if you transfer using this CIF, a model will get generated between ECC and APO and it acts as a transfer media of Master data and transactional data.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Senthil,

I'm going to integrate APO with ECC. Just for testing purposes I created data in APO directly.

How am I going to define Characteristic propogation that we maintain in PPM's in ECC ?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

"I'm going to integrate APO with ECC.".... I hope you have made setteing for data transfer between ECC and APO, like define and assigned all your 'BSG' 'Logical Sys'...made RFC connection...

Now you are using CFM1 transaction for creating Integration Model. Please ensure that you have already transfer your Plants and Materials to APO, otherwise you will not be able to transfer PPM.

After Creation, you have to activate those IM (Tcode: CFM2), then only you will see those data in APO.

Pls back to us if you face any issue

Thanks,

Satyajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think I was not clear on my question.

I know we have to maintain BOM and Routing (in my case Master Recipe) in ECC and then CIF over to APO. I'm not using VC or class type 300. I'm ONLY using class type 023 and all my material types are ROH, HALB and FERT.

I want to peg/plan dependent components based on the characteristic requirement of FERT. So I have to use Characteristic Propogation. We have a BOMs and Routing in ECC. When I CIF BOM's and Routing's, PPM are getting generated in APO but it doesn't have characteristic propogation details. I want APO to generate PPM's with characteristic propogation. Is it possible to maintain that data somewhere in ECC and generate a PPM with characteristic propogation ?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

For CDP, you need same class for 023 and 300, which makes a combination as 400.

the word i am saying same , means the name of both class should be identical.

in CDP setting of APO, APO system will check the characterstics during netting and give output accordingly.

In your case sine you are doing ATP check then system will confirm you in STO if any of batch stock will match with characterstics of STO.

for simplification you can check if you want to check in APO, create two manual plan order, one with characterstic a1 and another with a2, now put a forecast with characterstics value as a1. it will consider the stock of a1 only.

hope it helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Senthil/montuvg ,

Thanks for your response.

I will test and come back again and close the thread if I don't have any issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sapcrs,

Once your ROH is assigned with suitable batch after the stock is ready, it will peg against the purchase requisitions generated from APO.

The information of stock, batch details of ROH will be communicated from ECC to APO. Hence, as and when stock comes from ECC for ROH, HALB, the corresponding batch will be processed via pegging.

In ECC side, the batch information also needs to be passed while transferring data from ECC to APO alongwith class and characteristics you have created.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created some test data in APO directly and used Characteristic propogation of my characteristic. How do I set up that data in ECC and trasfer it to APO.

I'm using only FERT, HALB and ROH materials and I have Master Recipes. I'm only using batch class type 023.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can create a class type 023 and 300 in ecc say class name is YYYY.

then create a characterstics AAAA

Assign it to batch class YYYY (023 and 300) in ECC.

mark Z in org. area in class & character in ecc.

assign these classes to material master.

create bom and routing.

create Integaration Model (IM)

first ransfer class , then material, then work center, then ppm /pds.

if you want to transfer your characterstics value from header to child component then you need character stics prapogation.

Hope this will solve your queary, if not please revert back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sapcrs,

For characteristics dependent planning, you need to define the various characteristics and to be assigned to the respective classes.

You can use transactions ct04 and cl04 for these purposes.

Please confirm whether your query is resolved.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Senthil,

I have defined characteristics and class as 023 in ECC and assigned that to ROH, HALB and FERT. Is the system going to propose a batch in purchase order/STO (ECC) if I have a characteristic requirement in purchase req (APO).

lets say I have a purchase req in APO with a characteristic reqt A1 and is the system going to pick the batches which ever has the characteristic value A1 and assign that in purchase order/STO ?

When do delivery confirmations, GI and GR, will this info be available in APO ?

hopefully i made it clear, if not please do let me know.

thanks