cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80 MB Idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While processing a 80 MB file with numerous Idoc, system_failure error occurs in processing the message mapping.

But with a simple Idoc the processing finished successfully. Let me know is there any alternate solution.

My scenario is Receive Idoc from R/3 to XML.

Verision PI 7.0 SPS 9.

Regards,

Saravanan.S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using standard message mapping or other mapping like XSLT or Java?

Edited by: Suganraj Thiyagarajan on Jul 1, 2009 5:45 PM

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is due to high volume of data. According to your service pack (SP9) packaging technique also not work. Package technique will work from SP13 onwards. Meanwhile for large volume of data process we need to keep high hardware configuration also else system will be hang.

Find below mentioned link will help you according to your SP

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/29/night-mare-processing-huge-files-in-sap-xi

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2007/02/21/sap-xi-acting-as-a-huge-file-mover

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/05/managing-bulky-flat-messages-with-sap-xi-tunneling-once-again--updated

If you update SP 9 to 13 below packaging technique will help

/people/william.li/blog/2008/03/07/step-by-step-guide-in-processing-high-volume-messages-using-pi-71s-message-packaging

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your hardware size is not sufficient. If you are not able to increase the hardware, try to reduce the IDoc.

In R/3 you can filter nodes and elments, which are not used, or you split the file into smaller pieces.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand you are havivng a async scenario which includes IDOC.

The following blog might be helpful.

/people/william.li/blog/2008/03/07/step-by-step-guide-in-processing-high-volume-messages-using-pi-71s-message-packaging

Venkat.

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

How are you getting the file into XI ?. IDOC or File Adapter or something else

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's file Adapter.

Regards,

Saravanan.S

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

File Adapter using FTP ? Yes you will have a problem with that.

I had a problem with a large file > 25MB and ended up using ABAP Proxy to get it into R/3.

Perhaps in your case you could use ABAP Proxy to get it into XI from R/3. Just an idea.