cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP3 HCM Forms and Portal Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apart from using the Start process iview, is there a way to integrate HCM Forms with 04s portal.

Regards,

Anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure I follow exactly, but here goes...

The "start application" (Webdynpro ABAP) is the "engine" that is used for all of your HCM Process & Forms processes. This keeps the overall experience consistent for the users. The only things that change are the forms that are shown.

Now, this "start application" can be exectuted from ESS, MSS or standalone. Each way will "jump" into a different view/step in the "Start Application". So for example, an HR admin might select an employee, pick a process and then fill out a form. Whereas an employee might jump right into filling out a form for address change. In both cases, they are still using the same program....just starting at a different point along the way. Make sense?

How are you wanting to use it or replace it some other way?

Past this, it would be custom development on your side....and yes, I have seen and done some pretty nifty stuff using an Adobe form and web services.

Hope this helps.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to display custom HCM forms for Organisation management in the portal. The start process iview cannot be used because it goes through employee selection before process selection.

Can we skip the employee selection step in the start process iview and directly display the custom forms, or is there another way to display custom forms.

Can you please let me know which iview in ESS is used to display HCM forms for employees.

Thanks,

Anand

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

(1) Yes you can skip it. It is a config setting for the process (skip start object)

(2) Look under "Life and Work Events"...several in there....including Address Change.