cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing WAR file into Web Module Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am brand new to SAP and i'm trying to help out with a proof of concept for our SAP rollout. I am trying to import a J2EE application that currently runs on WebSphere 5.1 and was developed using WSAD. I found a blog on the SAP site and it gave a simple run down of how to Migrate from WebSphere application server to SAP Application Server.

Here is the link: /people/community.user/blog/2007/03/06/migrating-application-from-websphere-application-server-to-sap-was

The steps seem simple enough yet I am having issues trying to import my WAR file into my Web Module Project in Netweaver.

Step 4 gives the following instructions: Create a WEB Module Project and import the WAR file.

Unfortunately, they do not give more detail besides Import the WAR file. When I try importing my WAR file, it adds the WAR file in my Web Content folder. I was expecting it to extract all my java classes and my jsp files but this is not the case. To do this, I right clicked on my Web Module Project while in the J2EE Explorer view and selected import file and selected my WAR. I'm assuming this is not correct.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phil!

You don't need to create previously a web module to import the war then.

I'm assuming you're using NWDS (Netweaver Developer Studio). Try this. In NWDS: File -> Import... ->

then, select "WAR file". After that, you need to inform the path of you WAR file and automatically it will fill in the name of your project, that you can change if you desire. After that, click in Finish and it's all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try importing, I couldn't see the WAR file.

Could be I'm using an old NWDS Version: 2.0.19?