cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP lIcense installation errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helllo gurus

Iam trying to install a new license on ERP6 Maxdb 7.7 running on windows 2k3 but although it says license installed it still says license : Not yet valid with red lights .what could be the cause?The license is for both maintanancee and Netweaver>

If i do a saplicense -check @ OS level it says no licence installed.If i delete the license and try to install a temporary license it come s up an error :

There is no permanent license key for "NetWeaver_ADA" in the system and there has never been a successful check on a permanent license key for "NetWeaver_ADA", or the last successful check is too long ago.The temporary license key could not be installed.

if i check the slicense after i delete the license the status will be like this:Active Hardware Key Z0922862185

Installation Number INITIAL

License Expiration Date

System Number INITIAL_SYSTEM_IDX

So how do i apply this license?

Any ideas are welcome

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member906139
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

With NW2004s, you will get digital license.

Hence no need to enter details, only you need to give license file as input which you have got from service marketplace or via mail.

Go to transaction SLICENSE, here on top you will get button with name "New Licenses". If you are not able to see this button then there must be button with name as "Old Licenses". This means that you are already in new license view.

Click on Install, it willl ask for license file. When you provide file, license will get automatically installed.

Now If at this stage you get an error, normally the error text will get displayed. Please post the error if you get any.

More details you will find at work-process log. please post that also.

Regards,

Abhay

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tsungy Tadinos

Check license from service marketplace.

Then login to SAP with SAP*/pass. Enter tcode slicense, click on "Edit"--

>install new license--> enter the details and click "install new License"

Thanks and Regards

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i did that although it says license installed its not !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

that option applies to the old 24 digit license type but with the new digitally assigned you have to click on new license of which it say 2 licences installed but its not.

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/870871

Look at "Digitally-encrypted license key as of AS 7.0." part

After TCODE if you click on "New License" then only SAP will provide you a screen for new license type , but if you straight way go to EDIT--->Install License it should provide you a screen for installing "Old License"

This should resolve you issue.

Thanks and Regards

Anindya

Edited by: Anindya Bose on Jul 1, 2009 2:31 AM