Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with activation of the activity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure if this is an issue:

I checked in an activity and then activated the same through the wizard which appears while you checkin the activity.A request id got generated and i could see green signal against the request id.

But when i go to the Activation View in the Development Configuration perspective, I could still see this activity and when i right click on the same i get the option for activate. While i cannot see the activity in the open activites view anymore.

Is this an issue, does this mean that my activity hasnt been activated yet. Do i need to activate the activity by right clicking on the same in the Activation View. Or this happens generally. Also i cannot see the activity in the Transport View.

Where in the transport view would i be able to see the activity once this has been activated . How will i release the same.

Please advise.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saket,

Just check the details of the Request Id in the Activation Results Tab of Activation Requests View in the DC perspective and check which activity got activated.

You can try following options:

1) Refresh the views.

2) Logout from NWDI and relogin.

3) Close your NWDS and then reopen it again.

4) Even if it does not work then try activating the activity again.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The process is as below:

1) Check out the project from track of NWDI. You will have to create activity for this purpose.

2) Do modification

3) After this you have to check in the activity. Go to open activity. Select your activity. Right click it. Select check in.

4) After this automiatically one window will get open. You will be prompoted to activate the acitvity. You have to click on activate.

5) After this automatically activation request ID will be created.

6) Then you have to click on Windows --> Show View --> Others --> CMS --> Transport View

7) You have to transport by right clicking

😎 Once you have completed all these Activity will be deleted from "Open Activity". Now check in is complete. To check whether check in is complete or not, try to modify the WD Application. You will be prompted to create activity. If this happens,, you are sure that your WD Appl has been checked in properly.

9) You have to provide the activity details to BASIS team. They will transport.

Regards,

Gary

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls follow the below metioned steps:

In the DC prespective Open the activity View and go to Activation Reequest panel.

How to see Activation Panel:Go to Window property ->Show View->Others->Expand CBS Activation->Activation Requests.

Open the activation window->click on the Requeste Activities tab.

You will be able to see the request under that.

If the request is activated you can see the logs in Activation results by click on ViewActivationLog.

If still the problem persist,you can checkout the code and create a new activity and activate it.

Regards,

Lavanya G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saket,

Did you refresh the activation view?

The process is like this:

1. After successful check-in of the activity the activity will present in Activation View.

2. The activity will present in Activation View till it activated successfully.

3. Till then even if we do refresh the activity will not go off.

4. To know the correct status, whether the activity got activated or it has some activation problems you can see in the "Activation Requests" view.

Also, the activity will be present in Transport view if and only if it activated successfully. You can release the activity by right clicking on the activity and selecting "Release" option.

Regards,

Jaya.