cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDIS Value Map and Add

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this has been discussed but I'm running into a peculiar problem.

For Default MDIS Handling:

Automap unmapped values: Yes

Unmapped value handling: Add

I'm trying to import into Catalog Items table.

The field Supplier is setup with 2 display fields: ID and Name.

The field Product Group is setup with 2 display fields: ID and Name.

The field Category is setup with 2 display fields: ID and Name.

Category ID and Product Group ID are the same value, the ECC Material Group #.

The ECC extract only has the ID's for all 3 fields, and I'm getting 3 different types of behaviors.

Automap for all 3 fields should NOT happen, since the source only has the ID, where as the destination has ID and Name. And I have not saved any template in the mapping as suggested by other posts.

Supplier mapping fails, and the unmapped values are not added to the Supplier table, creates ValueX exception.

Product Group automap is successful (I'm not too sure why), even though the source only has the ID.

Category mapping fails, and the unmapped values are ADDED to the Categories table.

So 3 fields and 3 different kinds of mapping behavior. Any clues?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear derek

Automap for all 3 fields should NOT happen, since the source only has the ID, where as the destination has ID and Name. And I have not saved any template in the mapping as suggested by other posts.

Assuming these 3 fields are lookup tables, thenThis will happen if the remote key mapping is enabled for these tables. let me explain further-when you imported for the first time in these tables data from remote system for each record a remote key was created which is unique for the table.

This enables auto mapping oif the values even if all the display fields are not present and we need not combine/partition the fields.

What is Catergory field type? If this is hierarchy table check again the import map configuration what is the setting for handling unmapped hierarchy nodes. you may get the answer.

regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the quick response. Both supplier and product group contain key mapping, so I'm still a little stumped on why product group was able to automap with only the ID value, where supplier is not. I will dig deeper.

Category is Taxonomy. Where would I find this config for handling unmapped hierarchy nodes? I checked in the Configuration Options in Import Manager but I don't see such a config. Like I said before, the only MDIS unmapped value config is set to "Add", but nothing about nodes.

Thanks.