Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking a role to multiple positions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to link a role to a number of positions. I have tried creating an LSMW using transaction PO13, but I can't get it to work.

Can someone advise of a way I can link a role to multiple positions or advise of an alternative transaction that works better with LSMW.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> I need to link a role to a number of positions. I have tried creating an LSMW using transaction PO13, but I can't get it to work.

> Can someone advise of a way I can link a role to multiple positions or advise of an alternative transaction that works better with LSMW.

>

> Thanks,

I'm assuming you would like to automate the process of assigning role/roles to multiple positions. Use SECATT for transaction PO13.

-John N.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> I need to link a role to a number of positions. I have tried creating an LSMW using transaction PO13, but I can't get it to work.

> Can someone advise of a way I can link a role to multiple positions or advise of an alternative transaction that works better with LSMW.

>

> Thanks,

I'm assuming you would like to automate the process of assigning role/roles to multiple positions. Use SECATT for transaction PO13.

-John N.

0 Kudos

SECATT with PO13 should resolve your issue.

sandi_ward2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

We use LSMW for assigning Roles via tcode PO13 successfully (and have done since version 4.6).

The only two fields we need to maintain in our upload file are the position number and the role name.

What problems are you having with LSMW? if you give more details I may be able to assist you in troubleshooting.

Sandi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I managed to map the correct fields