cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Assignment Category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

due to assigning Material Components to Activities in my project, automatic Purchase Requisitions generates withe Acount Assignment Category "Q" Proj. Make-To-Order

when i convert those Purchase Requisitions to Purchase Orders the system trigers the following error:

"*G/L account 790000 cannot be used (please correct)

Message no. ME045

Diagnosis

Comparison of the field selection strings from the G/L account 790000 and the account assignment category Q reveals that there is an incompatible combination of field selections for the field selection group 'Functional Area'.

The G/L account field selection is stored in table T004F; that for the account assignment is stored in table T162K.

Procedure

Please enter a correct G/L account."

even when i try to change this G/L Account manually, i recieve the same error with the same G/L account no. 790000

Dose anyone know what should i do????

and if i can change this Assignment Category "Q" Proj. Make-To-Order which exists by default in Purchase Requisition and transfered to Purchase Order???

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto>SPRO>material management>purchasing>account assignment>maintain account assignment category>select 'Q' and got to display in that you have field options, check the GL account field selection whether it manditory or potional or display or hidden.

So change the check to manditory.

This issue is mainly due field is suppressed in the account assignment category and set as a required entry in the G/L account.

Rgds

Sudhir Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

i went for:

SPRO:

Financial Accounting --> Financial Accounting Global Settings --> Legends --> Fields -->

Define field Status Variant

then choosed my variant "0001"and my field status group "G006" then i made WBS & Network as Required Entry

after that i went for T-Code: OME9

In Fields Tap:

I changed the General Ledger Account to be Mandatory Entry also

HOWEVER, i stilll get the same error !!!!!!

SO WHAT ...??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you checkd the OBYC setting for that posting ( Please refer my previous reply)

Thanks

S.Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in FS00 whether the GL is checked as posted automatically.

Try to create a new PR and then PO after maintaining the above mentioned settings......

Rgds

Sudhir Reddy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

just check whether cost element (At least statistical 90) of the same No.790000 should be there then only it may happen.

As many times due to budgeting requirements this is required.

reagrds

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First check the G/L account in FS00 t .code it is created for your company code.

Then in G/L account create/Bank/interest tab page double click on the Field status group, it will take you to the field status screen in that clcik Additional account assignments. Check the status of the field for Network and WBS , if anyone of the field is Suppress selection then you need to change the selection to optional or required.

To change the selection contact your FI consultant.

The other option:

Check the OBYC setting for this G/l account Inventory posting BSX transaction. Whether the G/L account is correctly assigned to the transaction.

Please check and revert back for other solutions

Thanks

S.murali