Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP 5.3 SP8 - Requests with several roles that have different approvers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Here is a simplified version of a scenario we are testing in CUP:

A Request to add 2 roles to a user is created.

Role 1 has Role Approver1 only

Role 2 has Role Approver 2 only

When Role Approver1 logs into CUP to approve Role 1, he still sees Role 2 listed in the screen, even though he does not have authority to approve it. Same thing happens for for Role Approver2. My issue is - I thought CUP would only show the role that that Role Approver needed to approve. I didn't think it would should all roles that require approval.

I feel I have the stage configured correctly. Role Approvers can only approve at the Role Level; When Role Approver1 approves his Role, everything works great and CUP returns a message saying something along the lines of "Role Approved; Request pending approval from other approvers." - just like we want it to.

Again, my concern is that when an Approver sees the screen that shows the role they need to review, it also shows all other roles that need to be reviewed. This may become confusing to role approvers; they might think they are approving all roles when really they are only approving the one in which they are the approver.

Any info or ideas on how I could solve my issue? Let me know if I need to clarify further.

Thanks!

--

Jes Behrens

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jes,

when you assign any role to a user the system will send the request to the approver which is defined in the workflow. Based on the workflow configured the approver will get the request. E.g. adding role to a user is a change account activity so it will fire change account workflow.

Role approver will be fired while role creation.

Regards,

Sudip.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your input Sudip.

However, I'm not clarifying my issue well enough.

I fully realize the workflow process we have setup. My issue is with the screens themselves, the screens that Role Approvers see when they login to CUP to approve a role. For example, tf a Request has 5 Roles in it with 5 different Role Approvers (1 Role Approver per Role), when they login to CUP, they should only see the one role in which they can Approve. In our case, the CUP screen shows all 5, even though they are only actually approving one of those 5. It is very confusing for Role Approvers. To them, it looks like they are Approving all 5 roles, when in reality, they are not and cannot.

Does this need to be submitted as an enhancement or is this functionality available in configuration?

Thanks!

--

Jes Behrens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jes,

There is no fuctionality in the configuration for your issue.

You can give enhencement request to SAP for this feature.

Regards,

Sudip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, Jes. This will be an enhancement. For now, make sure to train the role approvers about all the roles.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all responders. Much appreciated!

Answers (0)