Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating Usage Type NWDI on CE 7.1 EHP1

petr_solberg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAPpers,

we have NWDI 7.01 SP03 for supporting Developers working with Portal WebDynPro's.

Now the Developers are beginning to work with CE 7.1 EHP1.

I have seen on here lots of threads with questions about NWDI and CE 7.1EHP1, and we have a lot of the doco too,

especially the How To Create a Track for CE etc.

Now my question, is it possible to activate Usage Type NWDI on CE, and therefore, for example, on our Development

CE System, we put an NWDI on there which will be used exclusively by the CE Landscape ?

Has anyone done this, is it possible ?

I am worried about the different JDK Versions 1.4 and 1.5 configurations if we want to use CE 7.1EHP1 with out existing NW7.01SP03.

Thanks and regards,

Petr.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

petr_solberg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

you said:

'If you have NWDI 7.1 you need jdk 1.5'

as far as I know there is no NWDI 7.1 specifically.

Are you suggesting that there is a 7.1 version of the DI components, CMS, CBS, DTR, that we would deploy onto our Dev CE 7.1 box ?

Kind regards,

Petr.

Karin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

enhancement package 1 of SAp NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1 contains an NWDI. But the only supported use case for this delivery is to use XI Tracks for transporting purposes in CMS. Please take a look at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/e6/1221ac7c274f7b820e5bc224222538/content.htm for details.

For development done for SAP NetWeaver 7.0, you need a jdk 1.4, fpr SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment, you need a jdk 1.5. Depending on the Release of the NWDi that you are using, either jdk 1.4 or 1.5 is available with the instzallation. But you could install the other jdk in addition an use the same NWDI for both releases. The only thing that you have to do is to configure the build variants for the respective tracks by using the parameter com.sap.jdk.home_path_key.

Take a look at help.sap.com for details. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/bd/cddf4164ee6024e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Kind regards

Karin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have NWDI 7.1 you need jdk 1.5, you don't have to worry about anything else until your NWDI is supporting only CE71 or other71 versions.

If you configure NW 70 to your NWDI71, you would need a JDK1.4 and have to handle multiple java versions. Till then you are good with JRE1.5

Regards,

Nitin

Karin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Petr,

why are you worried about the differnt jdks? You can use build variants. The recommendation is to keep your NWDI on 7.0 and use it for CE as well. There is no need to set up a second NWDI for CE development if you already have one.

Kind regards

Karin Sudrow

SAP NetWeaver Solution Management