cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating BC Sets while upgrading the system to latest version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We have an older version of SAP third-party solution installed in our system and we are upgrading our system to the newer version of that solution. While activating the BC Sets our older customizing data is getting over-written.

Is there any approach which will help us in activating BC Sets without over-writing the older data. Something like showing the older and newer data (before overwriting) AND wait for confirmation to over-write.

Thanks,

Satya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

I am not sure which application you are referring to here, but in general, there is generic BC set functionality that will allow you to compare the data in the BC sets with the data currently in the tables. If you click on 'BC Sets for Activity' in the IMG, you will be in the display mode for that BC Set. Under 'Utilities -> Comparison' you can compare the BC set to the config table.

Also, if the BC sets have been set up that way, they should ask you if you wish to overwrite or append the entries in the table when you run the BC set. I would need to know which application you are talking about and versions etc before being able to give a more detailed answer on the overwriting topic.

All the best,

Daniel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giblet,

Thanks for your response.

Currently our systems having XXX 5.1.6 version and we are upgrading to XXX 5.2 (XXX is a custom product). After installing necessary packages, we are activating the BC Sets, which we got through the package and its overwriting the existing configuration as BC set has new data for the same key.

We can compare the data between BC sets and tables(existing configuration), but it may not help as we have lot of differences. I have checked for other options, we have only one option in BC Set activation, which is overwrite the whole data (but not at table level).

We only create the BC sets, since we are the product owners. So, is there any special way to handle this in creation itself? or We can handle this in BC Set activation?

Thanks,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

I would request you to go to developer forums as your issue seems to be about BC sets and general application upgrade procedures. You also mentioned 3rd party application, well this is certainly not the right place for 3rd party application issues. But if you are talking about Virsa applications or CC 5.2 or any older version then we would love to help.

As you mentioned BC sets, I am automatically thinking about Virsa CC 4.0 (Rule Sets updates) Give us some clue what exactly are you looking for (:

Regarding BC sets, They are supposed to overwrite. In case you do not want to overwrite then compare the data and extract the new items and add manually to the considered application tables.

Best Regards,

Amol Bharti

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello all. I am new to this community.Could u tell me what are the disadvantages of B C Sets.Could you tell me a proper place in this community ,where should i ask this question??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the best place might be in the Netweaver area as this is Netweaver functionality. In short, a BC set is a "snapshot" of a table at a particular point in time. The advantage of using BC sets is that you can reuse them over and over to populate the same tables in different systems.

A lot of SAP's Best Practise functionality is delivered via BC sets.

I hope this helps.

All the best,

Daniel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Thanks for your response.

We figureout its not possible to activate BC Set for selective tables. We are developing a tool to solve the purpose.

Thanks,

Satya Balla

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can somone tell me what are the disadvantages of BC Sets??