Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed customer master data affects all sales documents

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem with customer master data and sales documents.

In SAP if the customer’s address is updated via XD02 0r VD02 then all Sales Orders will automatically reflect the new address. This is a problem at my client, as it is important that the original address for the customer is maintained in Sales Orders at the time the Sales Order was created. Now if the address is changed, all documents are changed, too (quotation, order, invoice, ...). If I had printed an invoice for example before the change and after the change, I have two different addresses on it.

Is there any change, to prevent the address being updated in sales documents created before the master data change and to retain the original address any sales document for that customer?

Thank you!

Florian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Customer master & material master are master data & any change will immediately reflect in the sales orders.

In your case, I believe that the print prg is written to pic up the address from the KNA1 & ADRC tables.

Coz usually any print prog will pick up the customer from VBPA, then pass the value into KNA1 to get the address num ADRNR. they will inturn pass the ADRNR into ADRC table to pickup the address.

As per the standard SAP process, any change in customer master address will update n the ADRC tables.

Check with your ABAPer if he can not reflect the change in the existing orders. But I seriously doubt of that will be possible. Coz you are changing the master data which will immediately reflect.

Regards,

Sivanand

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> In SAP if the customer’s address is updated via XD02 0r VD02 then all Sales Orders will automatically reflect the new address!

Hi Florian

You may be aware that customer master data is maintained at company and sales area level.

However, there is one Exception to this provided by SAP itself. And that is - Customer Address. Because it is maintained at Client level. Therefore whenever you change customer address, it will be reflected in all the sales document created earlier.

My ques.

Why do you want old address as you have changed old address to new one ??

regards,

Sagar

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this issue is a requirement of our customer. As old invoices for example should always contain the old adress and not the changed one.

I found in table ADRC the field DATE_FROM. Is there a way to use this field. Means, if someone changes the customer data, a new adress entry is created with a new valid from/to and the old is set to valid to new valid date - 1?

Thank you!

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

The standard is that if you change the customer details then they they are only relevant where you made the change and any subsquent documents from that point onwards. The assumption being if you have made a change then there is a good reason for this and you want to carry this forward.

There is a possible way around this and this is when you are actually printing the document. In the print program you ca do almost anything you like and if the customer address has changed then there will be a new address number. You can then detect this and take whatever action you want to.

But be careful and you have to be consistent.

The problem will be that what you see and what you print will be different and this will cause more problems then its worth.

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

which are the tables I have to use to handle this?

Best Regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The effect you're seeing at sales doc level is standard SAP feature based on the acct group type of the customer master used. Suggest you take a look at using the one-time customer account group. The feature with that is at sales doc level the address is required for entry, which leads to a unique address key being genered per sales doc -- meaning the address managed within the sales doc does not refer back to XD02/VD02. I'm not aware of other options to get what you want, but maybe this will cover.