cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP -> RFC possible with Direct Connection?

Former Member
0 Kudos

On our PI 7.1 system we have a RFC which we want to expose as a webservice with all the standard monitoring SAP PI provides. On PI 7.0 is used to create a configuration scenario in Integration Builder and generate a WSDL.

I have read the document 'Configuring Web Service Scenarios', but it is not clear to me if i can create a AS JAVA 7.1 -> AS ABAP 7.1 scenario and if the 'Direct Connection'-functionality of SAP PI 7.1 offers me a solution.

Please advise me...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in PI7.1 direct connection uses WS adapter which works on WS-RM protocol.............your req is to expose RFC as web-service which do not work on WS-RM protocol and moreover you will require RFC adapter for configuration of your scenario.... So SOAP->RFC is not possible with Direct connection in PI7.1.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For a direct connection you need WS-RM protocol, so your interfaces must be stateless and not XI 3.0 compatible. The RFC webservice is no WS-RM, so you cannot use this.

You could create a stateless interface similar to the RFC structure, create an ABAP proxy and call your RFC from there, then you could expose the WSDL for creating the Java web service client.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Koevoets,

Please check this blog for exposing the BAPI as a webservice:

/people/community.user/blog/2006/10/24/exposing-bapi-as-web-services-through-sap-xi

Regards,

---Satish