Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not find any server in VC

former_member202443
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello budies,

I am trying to make a service model in VC as also shown webminar "Consume Service in VC" but it does not show me any service when I try to search in VC. I am quite new in CE environment. Can any one help me out???

I have also made logical destinations of UDDI, Classification_Destination, and Service_Registry as it is also shown in webminar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naeem

Try to configure the WSIL Destination.

WSIL URL = http://<host>:<port>/inspection.wsil

Regards

Marcos.

former_member202443
Participant
0 Kudos

Should ESR also be installed???? I have installed ESR on my server. HOw to connect and check to ESR whether all services are there?? Coule also please clear me this??

Regards,

Naeem Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naeem

I can't help you about Enterprise Service Repository, i never configured it, that always was done by BASIS in my company.

I just create a WSIL Destination with the data who i have passed above, and this WSIL configuration appear in my Search Service DropDown in VC.

You can create a WSDL destination pointing to wsdl of your service, this destination will be appear in search service drop down in VC.

Regards

Marcos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Consuming services in VC can be done in various ways - it depends on the service you are trying to consume

Could you please share some details - is it a standard Webservice? did you publish it via the SR? do you have its Url?

Thanks

Guy

former_member202443
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well actually, I am following Purchase Request and Course and Event tutorials. In my understanding they should be available by default in installation. As they have shown in screen cam I also try to find but it does not find any server related to these tutorials.

can you please recommend how can I consume services in VC or in developer studio environment. And How can i make them available for consume??

Regards,

Naeem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naeem

To Consume services in VC, you need create a Destination Template as WSIL how i heve posted above. Then WSIL is going to be available in your VC in search Tab.

If you try to consume the service in VC, depends on the release of NWDS, you can have a problem. I used a version which i couldn't use Service Registry in VC. I resolve using WSIL Destination.

In NWDS you can consume the services in many ways.

Web Dynpro, you can create a model.

CAF you can import external service

EJB you can create a stub classes and consume it.

Regards

Marcos

former_member202443
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

thanks again for the message. I did create the WSIL destination and now it shows me the list of different folder: But there is no service I could drag and drop and use them. Can you please explain me a bit in detail the procedure if service interfaces are available in Enterprise Service Builder how do I get them in VC to consume??? I am confuse whether I have to create services my own first then they will be available or there are ready made services which I can consume and make my concept clear first than going to create my own.

Thanks Marcus at least if proceeds further

Regards,

Naeem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naeem

If you have modeled your service in ESB, you can't see this service because it isn't implemented yet, and it isn't bublished. In ESB you just model the service. You need to implement this service first. You can do this in CAF, or in a EJB project to make this work more easy. Afterthat you can publish your service in the server.

The service now is implemented and published, you can use it in VC.

Hope i help...

Regards

Marcos

former_member202443
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

Thanks for the answer. I thought if the turorials are available and as they show it there sound me very simple to use services and create VC applications. But it is not that easy. I have seen several service models in enterprise service builder, can you tell me how can I use them in CAF or in EJB in order to make web service and publish them to be consumed. Can you refer me some useful tutorials for that??? I want to learn the whole concept of using web service and its usage in different development environment e.g. VC, webdynpro project, CAF, EJB too.

It will be very great help from you.

Regards,

Naeem

former_member202443
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

This is working now. I have created my own EJB project and deployed on the server as webservice and then I made the WSDL Destination which was visible in VC and I used it there It was working. I am happpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppy

But my question is that let us suppose if I have 200 services created so should I make 200 WSDL destinations??? this is kind of awful. Cany you please clear me that???

Regards,

Naeem Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naeem

Let's see some consideration:

1 - If you have o lot of service you will not create a lot of Destination, of course. To do this exist the service registry and you can configure WSIL destination where is going to have all of your services.

2 - I don't understand why the WSIL didn't work for you. When i configure WSIL destination in NWA i can see wsil in VC. Maybe this is some configuration.

3 - The best approach is use service registry, in this way you can centralize all of your service in organized way. However, i think there are some bug in VC, because the service registry never find any service. Maybe is happen because the NW is a trial version.

Have you configured right your service registry? if yes, do you see some services in service registry browser or find in ws navigator?

Regards

Marcos

former_member202443
Participant
0 Kudos

hi marcos,

I understood theoritically that SR should manages services for us. About your second clue, apparently did configure SR but may I missed some where something.

But about WSIL to be shown in VC, its there, WSIL is visible but it does not show me any service. may be I have not given right WSIL path in the destination. Could you write me the procedure to create the SR as Destination that I may use in VC.

About your second point, yes there are services I have seen in SR and even I made my own some example EJB services and published in SR with their WSDL generated during deploying them on the server in NWDS environment.

I only miss this SR to have in my environment to consume services.

But about ESR, can you tell how to use SAP Basis service interfaces and operation, what I have seen in Enterprise Service Builder, can consume??? I know first to use interfaces and then publish them. But can you tell me how do i do that??

Marcos thanks for you help.

Regards,

Naeem

former_member202443
Participant
0 Kudos

hi marcos,

Its working now. It shows me now the SR in VC. YOu know what I did, I deleted every Destination and first I check the SR role to administrator, it was not there, I have given the roles to Administrator and then created again the UDDI and service registry destinations. It shows me now all of services available in the SR.

Thanks.

But I like to make it clear what is the role of Enterprise Service Builder in CE and How can I use it?? I know some thing about, but not very much. I design the services there and make the interfaces of them. I have seen several interfaces and service design, but now I like to make them use able. Can you help me out how can I use them as service???

and any recommended link about Enterprise service Builder???

Regards,

Naeem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naeem,

Sorry, but all the services that i have implemented was services which i modeled.

I never implemented the services that you can see in ESB.

I will research something about that. If i find good answers i'll return to you.

Regards

Marcos

Answers (0)