Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc as Flat File ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an requirement where the standard data (sales order ) is coming in a flat file (following the EDI standards) from the external system using Secure FTP. What I could think is : that the file will be recieved on a File Port ( created thru we20 ) , the settings be done in the partner profile and the file (it follows the EDI850 standard ) can be then processed by the idoc_input_orders ?

Pls tell me if i m rt ?

Can it be like :

:i have to pick the file from the port

:use data sets, read the file contents , populate the idoc tables in the idoc_input_orders FM and post the data .?

WHat is the correct way to proceed.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Program <b>RSEINB00</b> is basically will read the input file file and generate an IDoc based on control record (IDoc), message type and idoc type information.

If you setup the partner profile to trigger immediately then the IDoc will be posted right way based on the corresponding process code.

If you setup to trigger by background job then you need to run/schedule program <b>RBDAPP01</b> to post the IDoc to the application and database.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your first assumption is right.

There are basic ALE settings to be done..

after assigning logical system to client, RFC source and destination are configured.

Partner profile is mainted and distributed.

This is all easy one time job done by single person.

Once they are done, these information is avaiable to the system, there are processed by the function modules assigned to them and stored in the database.

You might be required to write these function modules for extra validations and enhancements.

Regards,

Tanveer.

Please Mark helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my opinion, the simple way is to run the RSEINB00 which takes the input as your flat file name and generates the IDOCS. Then in WE20, you can create the partners in Logical systems.

This is really very simple way to do if you have multiple idocs to be generated. The system will take care of everything.

shylesh

0 Kudos

THAT MEANS THIS PROGRAM PROCESSES THE FLAT FILE , CREATES THE IDOC BASED ON MESSTYP AND IDOC TYPE AND UPDATES THE DB OR IT JUST CREATES THE IDOC AND STD/Z FM HAS TO BE THEN USED TO CREATE THE IDOCS?

0 Kudos

Yes, you are right,

It just creates the IDOCs. Once it generates, if you select the option 'process immediately' in WE20, the associated function module will post these idocs in DB immediately.

But remember, until & unless you post the idocs, it won't be stored in DB. This posting can be done in two ways,

if u select 'process immediately', then the associated FM will trigger immediately.

If you select 'process in collecive mode', then you have to run the application RBDMIDOC to post them in later stages.

Shylesh

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Program <b>RSEINB00</b> is basically will read the input file file and generate an IDoc based on control record (IDoc), message type and idoc type information.

If you setup the partner profile to trigger immediately then the IDoc will be posted right way based on the corresponding process code.

If you setup to trigger by background job then you need to run/schedule program <b>RBDAPP01</b> to post the IDoc to the application and database.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

0 Kudos

you are right Ferry,

It is RBDAPP01 not RBDMIDOC. I am sorry abt that typo error. Thanks for correcting me.

Shylesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks much Shylesh .

0 Kudos

Thanks Ferry .

I will try and keep u guys posted.