Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO changes to be sent as XML format

former_member852447
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SRM gurus,

I need to send newly created or changed PO's to a legacy system. I am using SRM 7.0 and there is no IDOC type for a PO. I have done some research and the way to go as recommended is using XML. I am using PI. I am not familiar with using XML but after doing all the research I have found that I need to create a RFC enabled function module and do the set up using SM59.

Please advise how I would position the function module so that it would be triggered when the PO is created or changed (I guess a suitable BADI in the PO process) and also would the function module need to output a structure to be sent as a XML file.

I am new to XML procedures so please correct me if some of my assumptions are incorrect.

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member852447
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjeev,

Thank you so much for your reply but can I ask you if the vendor configuration that you mentioned is set up would this mean that I do not have to create an RFC enabled function module positioned in the business process software which would generated output in XML as soon as a PO is changed or created.

regards

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To generate an XML message in PO you would first need to set up XI connectivity in your SRM system. Contact an XI expert for this. Some of the common steps for this are:

SM59-HTTP connection to XI, TCP/IP connection for XI servers

SXMB_ADM

SLDAPICUST

Define backend systems

You can refer to EBP-SUS config guides (Service procurement with Supplier integration ) for doing XI connectivity. Once it is done, you will need to maintain vendor output medium as XML. After this any PO created will generate an XML message automatically. Based on your XI mapping, it will be routed to legacy system.

Regards,

Sanjeev