cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 4.0 integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!

I'm involved in a new integration project of the SRM 4.0 with R/3 Enterprise . So, I have some doubts about the integration scenario between the systems.

Below follows my doubts:

1. It is possible to integrate the systems without custom development?

2. It is possible make this integration without XI?

3. In case upgrade or not of R/3 Enterprise to ECC 6.0, XI is mandatory?

4. There is an official document made by SAP to explain the doubts above?

At this moment I need to make an apresentation to the team project to explain the possibilties for this integration and if will be necessary development.

Waiting for response.

Best Regards,

Milton.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. yes, but probably with additional wishes, no.

2. yes

3. no

4. the configuration guide would be a great place to start, check out the wiki here on SDN

But I have other doubts. Why integrate SRM 4.0, when SRM 5.0 is the follow-up of that one and SRM 7 is on the market? You are integrating a system that's nearing the end of it's life cycle in the near future.

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin!

Thank's for your answer.

We are integrating SRM 4.0 because the version is that our partner have. I don't known when they're will decide for upgrade. But of the components versions are:

SRM_SERVER 500

SAP SRM 4.0

SAP Enterprise Buyer 5.0

SAP Bidding Engine 3.0

Live Auction 2.0

Internet Pricing Configuration 4.0

ITS - Agate 6.40 (Integrated in WAS 640)

Catalog Content Management 1.0

If you have any documentation about this and can send to me, will be great.

Do you have MSN or Skype?

Regards,

Milton.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should also keep in mind that SRM 4 goes into extended maintenance in March 2010....

that means you pay 22% more for maintenance fees next year, then an extra 44% the year after.

SRM 5 is a lot more stable with a bit more functionality whilst being based on the same technology.

I think it has general support till 2012.

You will need to keep these dates on the radar as you will probably want to upgrade to SRM 7 in the near future, but I think that requires an upgrade from R3 to ECC6 and requires the Netweaver and the Portal.

Cheers,

Tim