cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System connection testing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello - Running EP6 6.0.15.0.0 WAS 6.4. I am trying to set up the system connections for the quality envirnment, and I receive the following error after testing the connection. We have checked the user and connection parameters, and they mirror DEV. Please advise on troubleshooting steps.

ERROR:

Test Connection with Connector

Test Details:

The test consists of the following steps:

1. Retrieve the default alias of the system

2. Check the connection to the backend application using the connector defined in this system object

Results

Retrieval of default alias successful

Connection failed. Make sure user mapping is set correctly and all connection properties are correct.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SandeepRede
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Brad,

We ran into the same issue. This is an issue with SP15 for EP 6.0. You will need to upgrade to SP16

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there any more details or documentation available on this issue?

Also -

1. This error is occuring in our QA environment...how come the connection test passes in DEV?

2. We have developed custiom java iViews that are currently functioning in DEV on SP15. I am assuming that will all four system tests connections failing, we are not connected to the QA client? Please advise....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brad

I would try 3 things:

1) (And most probable) - If you are using the SAPLOGONTICKET as logon method, then in order to pass the connection test you have to logon the Ports system with the same user which is authenticated in the backend. For example - if the authorized user in the backend is BRAD123 then you have to create a user in the portal with the same login name and assign to him (if necessary) the administration roles.

2) If all four Systems are not passing the connection test then first check the backend system itself through SAP Logon or any other interface to connect the backend directly. This is for checking if the backend is OK.

3) You have mentioned that you have one DEV System where the connection and content works. Therefore it is possible that in the other systems some property is miss-configured. What you can do is to export the system and the content from your dev system using the portal transport mechanism, import it to the QA System and assign the same alias as in the DEV and check if it works.

Good Luck and best Regards,

Raanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your efforts, the issue has been resolved.

Solution: Imported verify.der for QP1 and QP2 into N3D Client 120 and N3Q client 210. Successfull system connection test.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brand,

After creating the System, did you complete the User mapping?

If not, Goto User Administration->User Mapping

then enter your name and choose User from the list box and press the next button.

It will show your user id and 'Edit' button.

Choose your quality system from the left side list box and click the above 'edit' button .

Here enter your quality system user id and password.

Save the settings and go to the System Administration and test the connection again.

Thanks,

Ramakrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

What if my Quality system is not listed in the drop down list?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you are not authorized. Try to add your users in the system permissions.

Hope this helps..

venkata_ramisetti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

System alias that is given during the creation of the System will be appeared in the list box. You need to choose this alias name.

Did you create the system alias while creating the system from System Administration? If not, open your system in edit mode and add system alias.

Please also check the below thread for any further doubts.

Thank you,

Ramakrishna

Message was edited by: Ramakrishna Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have gone through the set up steps in the forum and the weblog. This includes setting up the system alias and user mapping. However, I am still not passing the connection test.

When I try an set up the user mapping, my system alias is still not in the dropdown?

Connection settings:

Application Host: <b>TOR</b>

Gateway host: <b>TOR</b>

Gateway service: <b>TOR</b>

Logical system name: N3Q

Remote Host Type: 3

SAP Client: <b>TOR</b>

SAP system ID: TOR

SAP system number: TOR

Server Port: 3210

System type: SAP_R/3

padmashree_b
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is also required to change the settings of the property 'User Management'. It is available under the 'Object' Category in the editor. To do this:

1. Open the object editor of the System object

2. Select the Property Catergory 'User Management'

3. Set the Logon Method to 'UIPWD'

4. Set the User Mapping Type to 'admin,user'

5. Save the changes

Now on the 'System Aliases' tab, the 'User Mapping Status' shows 'Ready for user mapping configuration'. Now I think the system must appear in the drop down for user mapping.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Padma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would I do this even if we are using SAPLOGONTICKET?