Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

System connection testing

Hello - Running EP6 6.0.15.0.0 WAS 6.4. I am trying to set up the system connections for the quality envirnment, and I receive the following error after testing the connection. We have checked the user and connection parameters, and they mirror DEV. Please advise on troubleshooting steps.

ERROR:

Test Connection with Connector

Test Details:

The test consists of the following steps:

1. Retrieve the default alias of the system

2. Check the connection to the backend application using the connector defined in this system object

Results

Retrieval of default alias successful

Connection failed. Make sure user mapping is set correctly and all connection properties are correct.

replied

Hi Brad

I would try 3 things:

1) (And most probable) - If you are using the SAPLOGONTICKET as logon method, then in order to pass the connection test you have to logon the Ports system with the same user which is authenticated in the backend. For example - if the authorized user in the backend is BRAD123 then you have to create a user in the portal with the same login name and assign to him (if necessary) the administration roles.

2) If all four Systems are not passing the connection test then first check the backend system itself through SAP Logon or any other interface to connect the backend directly. This is for checking if the backend is OK.

3) You have mentioned that you have one DEV System where the connection and content works. Therefore it is possible that in the other systems some property is miss-configured. What you can do is to export the system and the content from your dev system using the portal transport mechanism, import it to the QA System and assign the same alias as in the DEV and check if it works.

Good Luck and best Regards,

Raanan

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question