cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA Alert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am trying to send an EWA locally from my ECC6.0 Quality system.

I have already configured Satellite sytem and Service desk in my solution manager.

Procedure I am following:

In my Quality system I went to Tcode SDCCN. Then I have activated it via Utilities-->.activate

Automatically two task has been created: Task name: Maintenance Package and Service Preperation check.

Then I went to Task>Create>Request session data-->then I select periodic(Early Watch Alert)

After the background jobs finishes again went to Task>Create>Refresh session.

My question is:

1. Is that the right steps I am following.

a. Maintenance Package

b. Request session data

c. Refresh session

2. What will be the Target RFC Destination for all the three task(if correct).

I am confused about the Target RFC's for the three task.

Please suggest something.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Reqular report you need solution manager else it should be production System so that you can download the EWA from service market place.For Quality i shall get downloaded only once.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/EN/3b/6dcca09dd24250a0873fef3122de5b/content.htm should help you in this regard.

I believe there is a tutorial on the market place for the generation.Please check service.sap.com/solutionmanager.

If you want the data to be sent to the solman, use the solman rfc.( i think the solman back rfc.Plz check)

thanks,

Prasanna kulkarni

Edited by: Prasanna K on Jun 30, 2009 3:09 PM

Edited by: Prasanna K on Jun 30, 2009 3:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prasanna,

Thanks for the reply but what I was doing is to start the EWA locally from my Quality System, so as to download it from the service market place inbox.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Usually i go for two options.

1. I use to configure with solution manager and you cangenerate the report wiithin few min.( If you go for this option, I can guide you on this if you face any issues)

2. If the solution manager is not the landscape, then raise a OSS message in SMP and open your service connection in SMP to SAPservice .

They will login into your system and they will plan a date and schedule the EWA for your Quality system. Check with SAP.

Hope this info may help you.

Thanks

Raj