Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User should get only SAP Menu in login even though they have any Roles

former_member69568
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi... Experts

Scenario

In the System - User is assigned with multiple roles.

When user logs in user can switch in between SAP Menu (or) User Menu comes from Roles.

User gets the same menu which was there active while logging off last time

(assume user was on User Menu last time) -

when he makes a login now, He get the USER MENU by default.).

Requirement

Either user is defined with (or) with out roles, when ever user logs into the System

Every user should get only SAP Menu Default ( which is defined as System wide menu in SSM2

(irrespective on what menu he was while loggin off)

I again repeat - Requirement is User SHould get only SAP Menu as default eventhough he has roles, and user should have luxury to switch between the System or User Menu

Please do the needful

Rgds

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The answer is in,

SAP Note 380029 - Selection option between user menu and SAP menu

Regards

Juan

former_member69568
Participant
0 Kudos

Juan..........Thanks for your kind reply.

This is allowing to enable and disable menu for the users.

Am i wrong with my requirement ? Just COnfirm !!

Inputs -

>>When user is having 10 Roles - he gets the menu of 10Roles as User Menu.

Requiremnt

When ever User login - Every User should get only SAP Menu as default and from there he / she will have to switch to user menu. But never and ever - when user logs in User Menu should never come directly.

Also reviewed these 2 Notes , But was unlucky to get my requiremnt.

Note 357693 - Redundancy avoidance in Easy Access

Note 203617 - High memory consumption with Easy Access menu

Rgds

former_member69568
Participant
0 Kudos

Experts .....Any Luck.

Rgds

former_member69568
Participant
0 Kudos

Just trying the message to bring it on to top and to get some update

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

If I am not wrong your requirement is you want users to switch betwen both user and SAP menu. But when they login, SAP Menu should come as default.

If so, then go to table USERS_SSM and there in select the user and the click User Menu and SAP Menu option which will allow user to switch between sap and user menu.

After that ask user to switch to SAP menu if he is having user menu. After that whenever he logins will get SAP Menu.

Similarly, if he switches to user menu and log off, then when he logs in next time he will have user menu

Thanks & Regards

Sharath

former_member69568
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

You are very near to the requirement,

When User logs of with USER MENU, But when he log in again he should get SAP Menu,

what ever the menu before log off, login should bring SAP Menu and after option to switch to user menu

Rgfd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

I have understood your requirement and If I am not wrong the reason behind your requirement might be the high memory consumption and taking long time while logging in when users are having the User Menu at the time of login.

If this the case, the as already suggested please check the note 203617. As per my knowledge, I dont think if there is any option which will switch back to SAP menu automatically if you re-login after logging out with user menu.

Would better suggest you to get in touch with SAP on this. I mean raise an OSS message.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath