cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore old PRD to new PRD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

I have Install new Production server on HP unix with Oracle 10.One is my already Production server ,In this all users are working . New Production server harware is good . So we want to change our server.

In new Production server SID is same i.e PRD . But host name , IP Address & System Number is different.

Now I want to copy or restore Old Production server backup to new Production server .

All file system is suffecient space.

please provide me help , how I restore from Old Production server to New Production server.

i will be very thanks for you all

Kavi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if ur both system on network then just mount the Backup directory of ur old system at new system and start restoration.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

if i am restoring from full offline backup and same SID and same Mount File system i.e PRD & /oracle/PRD/sapdata1... etc

I think I should not to create controlfile for this situation because control file is also restoring from offline backup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any specific reason not following standard homegeneous system copy procedure?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case you do not need to create a new control file. But I think as the IP and hostname will changw so you have to change the sqlnet.ora,listner.ora and tnsnames.ora. If that is a dual stack system Java engine might pose some problem to come up. A better approach is a homogeneous system copy.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do same way as written by Naresh.But Better you go through system copy.

You can change HOSTNAME and IP later .

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Renaming (changing SID and/or hostname) is an unsupported procedure

Note 8307 - Changing host name on R/3 host: What do you do?

Markus

naresh_panchal
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi, You can do the follwoing steps:

I assuem that you already installed new PRD SAP instance on new host.

Shutdown NEW SAP instance with database, take a off line backup of the database before starting the activity.

1) Take OFFLINE backup of your existing PRD and restore the same on your new PRD server.

a) You need to restore all MIRR/ORIG/control files and datafiles

b) Check and if possible create same mount points as Original PRD system .. OR ..

c) You need to create the NEW CONTROL FILE there you can change the required path and location for MIRR, ORIG, and

Control file.

d) open database.

e) start lsitener.

2) Copy the profiles Instance profile/Oracle init_<SID>.ora to new serer.

a) change all the content pertaining to OLD_HOST and OLD_INST_NO. to NEW_HOST and NEW_INST_NO.

b) Check return code with R3trans -d.

3) Start NEW SAP instance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear naresh,

I have taken backup of my old PRD in /sap_bkp /offline file system.

Now I want to mount this /sap_bkp/offline in new PRD system.

then I will restore from /sap_bkp/offline toain new PRD system

In old PRD I configure initPRD.sap as initPRD.sap.disk.

Now How I configure initPRD.sap.disk in new PRD System. or same as old PRD.

If I make new initPRD.sap.disk . then at the the time of restore where I define initPRD.sap.disk .So that it take restore from initPRD.sap.disk.

Thanks again

Kavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

At the time of Restoration do not keep IP Same of Both the system.once the restoration is completed. remove the old system from Network and once again change the IP of new system. now check network,Database ,Host & OS related file which has the IP address and Hostname of ur system.

rest is same which has suggested by naresh and surendra.

Thanks

Presu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I have SAP Installed with new IP . but i have taken backup of offline of old PRD in other file system for this one I config new initPRD.sap.disk.

Now First I want to mount that file system to new PRD server.

If I copy old initPRD.sap.disk. to new PRD system .

So at the time of restoration .

How I can restore full offline backup from old PRD server to new PRD Server.

Thanks

Kavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kavita,

Check below link.

Hope it helps

Thanks

Sushil

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can simply to a homogeneous system copy.

Check

Markus