cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to SCM 7.0

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a placeholder thread to share experiences on Upgrade to SCM 7.0 part of Business Suite 7.0.

For features of SCM 7.0 go to this Wiki [page|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SCM/SCM7Overview].

Thanks,

Somnath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody.

We made an upgrade from SCM 2007 to SCM 7.0 in a Steel Industry. Now we are in test phase and the problems identified until now were:

Product view: Product view does not open in the language portuguese (RAISE EXCEPTION: "OUTPUTFIELD_TOO_SHORT");

CIF (Material): Error during the material integration (No supplying plant defined for product ...).

These errors are open and SAP was involved.

We had also a problem with the live cache but it was solved.

In case we identify any other problems I put it here.

Best Regards

Thiago Cyrillo

Edited by: Somnath Manna on Aug 28, 2009 2:41 PM Spelling of Steal to Steel

Answers (14)

Answers (14)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to implement SNP, gATP and SNC from APO 7.0 at a client. However, the client is already running DP on APO 5.1. Could someone please address the following concerns:

1. What will be the repercussions of synchronizing SAP APO 5.1 (DP) with SAP APO 7.03 (SNP, gATP and SNC)?
  2. Are there some specific areas we need to pay special attention to?
  3. What will be the customized object building effort to ensure the 2 versions work with each other seamlessly?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We currently have two SCM instances - 5.0 for customer replenishment planning and SCM 4.1 for other APO modules. We have already upgraded 5.0 to SCM 7.0 and now we wish to migrate all functionality from 4.1 to 7.0. Is there a direct migration possible or should we first do the technical upgrade of 4.1 to 7.0 and then do a instance consolidation using SLO.

Thanks,

Abhishek

paul_gloede
Participant
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if there will be an SCM 7.0 SR2 release?

chris_thomas_wb
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Not sure what you mean by "SR2". Enhancement Pack 2 (EHP2) has just been released. Checkout the Product Availablity Matrix (PAM) in SAP Service Marketplace.

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/pam

AaronH
Explorer
0 Kudos

Just Upgraded our dev scm 5.0 system to 7.0. We binded Support Stack 9. When downloading the stack files, we found that the level of SCM 7.0 SR1 is not exactly the same as any particular stack, so we chose to download the files from 7.0 SP3 - SP9, but this missed a few support packs, mostly SP2 among various components. Just need to extract these manually and add them to the proper place in your /usr/sap/trans dir.

As for Livecache - The SR1 upgrade took livecache from 7.6.x to 7.7.4. When the upgrade prompted to upgrade livecache (after A and B were complete), we went ahead and upgraded it to 7.7.4 off the livecache upgrade dvd using LCUPDATE, but then, per note 998966, upgraded livecache to latest 7.7.7 build 26 (which is the compatible version to go with Support Stack 9). We used the SDBUPD tool to perform the patch from 7.7.04 to 7.7.07.

Once completed, we proceeded with Section C to reimport the data from SCM up to livecache. Make sure you keep an ID like DDIC or SAP* available in your production client, since that is where we had to do our livecache sections a-c. During the upgrade, the client will be locked, and you can use SAP* / DDIC to perform the necessary steps.

Edited by: nstuff on Apr 18, 2011 10:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I m working on Up-gradation SCM5.0 to SCM7.0.

we have the sequence of steps to execute the up-gradation from /SAPAPO/OM_LC_UPGRADE_70 (Dash board).

with SAP standard procedure(Step: B1) for Downloading livecache data, any one provide me to which internal tables the livecache data will be copied.

Thanks,

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We are on SCM5.0 with BI 7.0 and ECC 6.0. We use only DP in our client place.

Now we are planning to upgrade to SCM7.0 EHP1.

Can anyone tell me what precautions/ expected problems to come ? when upgrading from 5 to 7.0

Thx

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are in process of doing a technical upgrade from SCM 4.0 to 7.0. The client decided to proceed with the upgrades of SCM without LiveCache. The intention was that LiveCache data would be rebuilt from data in ABAP and then pushed back out to LiveCache after the SCM 7.0 upgrade completed. Now the upgrade is complete, I tried to export the data in to liveCache using report /SAPAPO/OM_LC_UPGRADE_70, it failed saying there was a run time error in application program.

Please share thoughts on what can be done.

Thanks in advance!

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Following an upgrade from SCM 5.0 to SCM 7.0, in SAPAPO/SDP94 we see that the settings for the graphics have changed.

The new ones aren't much self explanatory . Is it still possible to change the scale of your graphic for example ? Where can I find more info on this change ?

Thanks for your help !

Sorin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

We are plannong to upgrade from 5.0 to 7.0.

Do we run /SAPAPO/OM_LC_UPGRADE_70 on the 5.0 version or after we've upgraded to 7.0?

Regards

Robert

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

we are planning to upgrade from SCM5.0 to SCM7.0. Our current SCM has BI/BW) 7.0 SP22 (SAPKW70022). Will the BW part change once we upgrade to SCM7.0 or is it still a BW7.0 inside ?

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the technical requirements for upgrading APO 3.1 to SCM 7.0? Will it be able to run on the same hardware, or it will need to be upgraded? What are the new LiveCache requirements? Is PI required?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are upgrading SCM 4.1 to 7.0. We found many indexes created we ovewritten. Major thing from the functional side is Enhancement APOCF005 removed and given a new BAdi SMOD_APOCF005 for the same perpose. We have to check this whether working fine or not.

I will keep update.

Regards,

Kishore Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kishore,

We are in initial stages of upgrade project SCM 4.1 to SCM 7.0. It would be great if you can share the steps in upgrade, challenges you have come across, lessons learned etc.

Appreciate your help,

Thanks,

Sreeni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

We are also in the initial stage. Before upgrading try to delete all the junk planning areas. Only keep standered PA's and whichever PA's using in the production. Run all the consistencies through /SAPAPO/OM_LC_UPGRADE_70.

After upgrading the system need to check Tcode SPAU for the modifications which handle by ABAPer.

We found many changes in BW tables which need to correct.

We found changes in PP order deletion program also which are corrected by abaper.

You have to check the Notes modifications in the same tcode.

We found some text changes. These all can be seen in SPAU tcode.

Now we are in this stage.

I will post whenever we find issues.

Regards,

Kishore Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have two questions regarding SCM 7.0;

How does the Erroneous master data objects are collected in the integration model while correct objects are transferred?

How does the Production data structure (PDS) transfer to SAP APO has been improved?

Thanks in Advance

Joseph

thamizhchelvan_gunasekara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

After SCM 7.0 upgrade , CCR time out error we are facing . If any one come across this situation pl put your views.

Thanks and regards

Thamizhchelvan G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil

Yes, you really have to run report /SAPAPO/OM_LC_UPGRADE_70 and work through it step-by-step!

Read about each step and complete the recommended actions.

We used /SAPAPO/OM_LC_UPGRADE_70 but only for the steps we thought it where neccessary. After the upgrade we had a few issues and they where all related to the steps we skipped in /SAPAPO/OM_LC_UPGRADE_70.

In overall we have had a very smooth upgrade from 4.1 to 7.0

Only issue remaining is for our BOP (backorder processing) which has started to create subitems eventhough its customized otherwise. The issue is "in processing" via OSS

Kind regards

Søren Nielsen

nicola_blasi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hy Soren

i'm planning an upgrade on my APO system from 3.10 to SCM 7.0

Reading the notes i have to do two steps, from 3.10 to 4.1 and then to SCM 7.0

My question is if there is some compatibility with a generic source system R3. we have a R3 46C at the moment and we'd like to know if this system is compatible with a SCM 7.0.

thanks

Nicola

Former Member
0 Kudos

ECC is compatible with SCM 7.0 Hence you may require to upgrade R/3 too

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joseph,

To activate the Incremental Master Data Transfer and the PDS parallel transfer, you would need to activate the Business Function CA_CIF_INILOAD_01, which is available as of ECC 6.0 EhP4.

You would also need to activate the configuration for Incremental Data Transfer in APO.

Regards,

Sandeep Deolekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are planning an upgrade from SCM 4.1 to SCM 7.0. A separate system BW 3.5 is connected to the SCM 7.0.

Do we need to upgrade the separate BW 3.5 as well?

Communicate the SCM 7.0 and the separate BW 3.5 with each other without any difficulty?

Thanks and regards.

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

One of our customer is going from upgrade from APO 3.1 to SCM 7.0. I need to know whether this direct upgrade from APO 3.1 to SCM 7.0 is possible or not ? If yes can you please provide me the link or or the steps which i need to follow to do the upgrade?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

one of our customer is having APO 3.1. The customer wanted to upgrade it to 7.0. But i understand that it's two steps process. First From APO 3.1 TO APO 4.1/5.0 and then from 4.1/5.0 to 7.0. Instead of this what customer wants us to do is to Implement fresh SCM 7.0.

My question , Is it possible to import data into newly installed SCM 7.0 from APO 3.1?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of our customer is also going for an upgrade of APO 3.1 TO SCM 7.0. This will a totally new activity for me. Can you please summaries the steps you have done to upgrade to SCM 7.0 FROM APO 3.1? Any links that you can provide.

Also wanted to know regarding fresh implementation of SCM 7.0 instead of going for upgrade.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

good one , I am also planning for SCM 5.0 to 7.0 upgarde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To the ponit PDS transfer through I-Models ...

there is new functionality brought in SCM 5.0 which is incremental data transfer ... this helps you I-Model job getting successful even though there are faulty / incomplete master data from R3 side. The faulty queues are stored in the application log (C3) in APO side.

For this you need to have EHP4 support pack R3 side. Once you activate this "incremental data transfer then you can not de-activate th=is functionality. Incremetal data transfer is applcable to only products & PDS I-Models.

there is bit configuration is needed to handle this on both sides (R3 & APO).

Thanks

Venkat DR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are currently upgrading from 5.0 to 7.0.

The following errors we have found so far:

>> Program LCM_REORG_SNP_ALL (suggested by upgrade guide) for consistency checks runs erroneos. SAP has provided an OSS for correction (1558593)

>> Issues processing PROACT idocs (also corrected by note (1531073)

>> errors using TLB ( also corrected by note 1559884).

>> We also did have some issues using BDLS (system copy was part of our upgrade strategy). In particular with DTPs that were not taken into account when changing the source system. We have found some notes for correction:

Other than that, our experience is quite positive and without too many hickups. However we are still testing in Sandbox & Development environment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

WE had upgraded out SCM from 4.1 version to SCM 7.0 and had quite few issues and experiences.

1. Authorizations issues for all users which a=had to be fixd bu our security taam.

2. we use multiple Planning obect strucuture and planning areas, all our back up cube jobs failed initially, we had reactivale all infocubes by running RSDG_CUBE_ACTIVATE , similiarly transfer and upddate rules and also replicate data sources. Refer Note: 1152453 this will be useful

3.WE had CIF issue for Master data, our R/3 system is still at 4.5B hence SAP willl not support this. MAterial which are flagged for deletion for some plants are not holding the queues, SAP had suggested some coding change note and our ABAP team are working this out.

4. We had to run all consistency checks before openning of our planning books.

Pretymuch most of the issues are from BI area as upgrade from BI 3.5 to Bi 7.0 is a major change. Most issues we have are from BI area. I would advice if all consistency checks are run and in Bi if you can reactivate you r cubes, trnasfer and update rules and replicate data sources , you can avoid many issues.

Regards

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siva for updating us.

BI 3.5 to Bi 7.0 upgrade. If you do not want to upgrade BI 3.5 to BI 7.0 along with the SCM 7.0 then you can use the transaction RSA1_OLD and continue working as it it.

Once you used the RSA1 transaction and did some changes in the BI objects you get lots of issue which have to resolve first.

is any one done Gap Analysis of SCM 7.0 and earlier APO/SCM versions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is any one has any expirence on Fresh implementation of SCM 7.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AB,

I have the same. Which area you have question/query?

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I would like to know the issues faced during SCM7.0 implementation due to bugs in the SCM 7.0 software. In the area of Demand Planning, Supply Network Planning, Production Planning and Detailed Sheduling, Transportation Planning and Detailed Sheduling. CIF area.

I read that there are Performance related issues in PP/DS area.

Please share your experience of the SCM 7.0 implementation

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need to work on upgrade project . Upgrade of APO 5.1 to 7.0 (SAP enhancement package 2 for SAP SCM 7.0). Modules in the scope are DP, SNP, CIF and GATP. I have no past experience on the APO upgrade project. 

First stage of the project is Upgrade Assessment Study. I seek your urgent help for the same.

1. I would like to know about different methodologies and approaches used in doing the Upgrade Assessment for APO.

2. Typically how the upgrade assessment roadmap looks like or if you have any recommendations for such upgrade assessment?

3. Are there any tools or templates (freely) available which can be used for doing the Upgrade Assessment. If you have one, Request you to share.

4. How APO upgrade is different than ECC upgrade?

Appreciate if you share any inputs/comments and your past experiences.

Thank you
Satish Waghmare