cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in returning materials issued against project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I want to return some materials issued against Network activity back to Stores.

I am trying to create a Reservation using MB21 & movement type 282 / 222, system is giving an error message stating that Manual reservations are not allowed for Order Category 20.I believe this is the standard way of returning the material and why system is giving this error message ?

What is the setting that is missing and what are the other ways of returning the materials issued against the Project ?

thanks in advance.

Vinodh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Don't create manual reservation . Use MB1A movement type 282Q and enter the WBS element and Network. Now execute the transaction it will go to project unrestricted project stock.

Thanks

S.Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir & Murali,

Thanks for your replies. Ok, I can use MB1A as suggested by you but the problem is if the material has happened at the start of the project and the return takes place at the end means there could be huge time gap hence, reversing the already posted document does not look viable. I know even without reversing the document, we can use MB1A by directly entering the WBS / Network but how to inform the Materials dept. ?

I remember using manual creation of reservation earlier... but why it is not suggested ?

Is there any way that I can return it through CJ20N / CN22 itself ?

thanks again

Vinodh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can create reservation manually using MB21 for WBS Element from using Movement type-221, this reservation is on free stock.

But if you want to create reservation using movement type 281, then you need to create automatic reservation in Network that is in CJ20N or CN22, it's not possible at all in SAP using MB1A as SAP Suggested.

BTW, there is an option available:

Goto SE16> enter the table> T158B>display>Execute and enter the transaction MB21-->Execute, if the Mvt types 281,282 are available in the table entries then it will allow, if not, it won't allow.

so try to maintain that table entries for 281 and 282 movement types.

After that have a look in to table-->T157H, repeat the same steps as above, your problem is resolved.

Rgds

Sudhir Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Thank you for your suggestions. I checked these tables and though these movement types are available, still it is not supported by system. I think this is the standard system response. I will use mvmt type 222 for manual reservation creation.

Pl. tell me is it ok, if I change the Mvmt type in OPT1 for GR by-product to 282 as the standard setting carries 581 which is not required ? By this way, we can return from Network activity itself. Awaiting your inputs.

Regards,

Vinodh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

yes , you can change the movement type. But first do it in test system and test the transaction if you feel satisfiy then move to production.

Anyway u are not using 581 so you can change very well.

Thanks

S.murali

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not create a Reservation using movement type 281/282 manually using MB21, this will be generated automatically in the network when you assign a material.

You need to create the same in the project builder in CJ20n or CN22.

Comming to Return the same Use 282 'Q' movement type and reverse the consumption doc in MB1A

Rgds

Sudhir Reddy

Edited by: sudhirreddy on Jun 30, 2009 2:14 PM

Edited by: sudhirreddy on Jun 30, 2009 2:16 PM