Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Authorization Field as Local Object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I was creating new Authorization field and while saving, i was asked to save it as "Local Object"....

Can someone tell me what is meant by "Local Object" and what will be the benefits by doing so?

Adance Many thanks,

Regards

Geetha.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There's no benefit to that unless you're experimenting and do not want to transport this object. If you do want to transport you shouldn't make it a local object but put it in a development class (other than $tmp) and enter it into a transport request. Best talk to your developers for the correct procedure.

Jurjen

3 REPLIES 3

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There's no benefit to that unless you're experimenting and do not want to transport this object. If you do want to transport you shouldn't make it a local object but put it in a development class (other than $tmp) and enter it into a transport request. Best talk to your developers for the correct procedure.

Jurjen

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Local Object means these Enhancement / Modification / Customization are not going to be included into any Package. Any change requests are of two types: Transportable or Local. If you decide not include your changes in any packages and thus not make this Transportable, i.e. the release and export phenomena will not be applicable there and you won't be able to create any task for a Local object.

Of course the authorization class, object and fields need to be moved through the Landscape and thus you need to include them into a Package. Preferably you should create a new Custom package (or may be already available) to move your changes though that package.

Let me know if you have any further query.

Regards,

Dipanjan

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Local Object means these Enhancement / Modification / Customization are not going to be included into any Package. Any change requests are of two types: Transportable or Local. If you decide not include your changes in any packages and thus not make this Transportable, i.e. the release and export phenomena will not be applicable there and you won't be able to create any task for a Local object.

Of course the authorization class, object and fields need to be moved through the Landscape and thus you need to include them into a Package. Preferably you should create a new Custom package (or may be already available) to move your changes though that package.

Let me know if you have any further query.

Regards,

Dipanjan