cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use the new web dynpro gui for PLM 7.0 via a URL only?

a_heut
Participant
0 Kudos

Is it possible to use the new web dynpro gui for PLM 7.0 via a URL only? In the information I found it says it can be accessed via NWBC or Portal. However, we don't have that so I am looking for a service that I can use that opens the PLM 7.0 WDA GUI without the need for NWBC or Portal. For CRM this is alos working so I am hoping there is a workaround for PLM 7.0 too. We use service crm_ui_frame to open CRM UI. However, this is a BSP application. We only found a PLM bsp application for PPPI that we can start directly from the browser (plm_pdn_wui) but that is not what I am looking for. If I know it is just not possible I can give up searching.

Thans in advance for all your input!

kind regards

Angelique Heutinck

IFF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The PLM 7.0 UI is programmed in ABAP WebDynpro, so you could launch it stand-alone. In order to find the right URL, the best way is to go to SE80 -> WebDynpro -> /PLMU/*. For example for DMS -> /PLMU/UI_DIR -> WebDynpro Application -> /PLMU/WDA/DIR_OIF. Here please use 'test' from the contextmenu to launch the page.

Some areas like the work center, control center are not available without the NWBC.

Best regards,

Martin

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need the NWBC or the portal to access PLM 7.0. You need to portal to access some specific functions like work overview, which are not even available in NWBC.

You can use a few URLs using SICF, but they are all specific to different actions, like display document, change document etc. Nothing will give you the whole functionality in one URL.

I am installing PLM 7.0 currently and I have run into these questions myself. Hope this helps.

-Shobhit

a_heut
Participant
0 Kudos

What is the exact name of the component I should see in System? I checked it and I see 2 that could be related to PLM webUI:

WEBCUIF 700 0002 SAPK-70002INWEBCUIF SAP WEBCUIF 700

EA-APPL 604 0002 SAPK-60402INEAAPPL SAP Enterprise Extension PLM, SCM, Financials

There are much more components but I only copied the ones that I think you are talking about...

What objects should be activated in swf_browser?

On our system I see EA-PLM is activated

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it should list the following, if EhP4 and PLMWUI is installed:

PLMWUI 700 0000 - SAP PLM Web UI (.. of course with the latest SP level...)

SAP_APPL 604 0000 - Logistics and Accounting

EA-APPL 604 0000 - SAP Enterprise Extension PLM, SCM, Financials

Here in the Switch Framework -> Enterprise Business Functions the following Functions are required:

/PLMU/IPPE_INT

/PLMU/WEB_UI

ERP_ENTERPRISESEARCH

Is the embedded Enterprise Search available? You will need this for the new authorization concept?

Martin

a_heut
Participant
0 Kudos

I ran http://......../sap/bc/webdynpro/plmu/wda_nav_oif from se80 but then I get the following error:

WebDynpro Exception: ICF service node "/sap/bc/webdynpro/plmu/wda_nav_oif" does not exist (see SAP Note 1109215).

Yesterday I got as far as this step, then I checked sicf and saw I don't have a plmu directory under web dynpro services so automatically I have no wda_nav_oif service either.

I cannot imagine I have to create this sicf node myself as it is standard sap. I expect this service to be part of ecc 6.0 ehp 4 by default or am I wrong? Did you have to create this sicf service yourself too? Or did we forget to activate something when we upgraded to ECC 6 or do we have to switch somthing on in switch framework?

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

are the PLM-related switches from the EhP 4 enabled? And if you check in 'System' -> 'Status' -> 'Component Version' Tab, do you also see the PLM WUI (SAP PLM Web UI)?

Only then the coding is added to the system.

Martin

a_heut
Participant
0 Kudos

or the exact web dynpro application I have to pull from se80 because the one you mentioned I tried to test yesterday and there was no sicf service. I created one and then I got an error message.

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in this case the sicf service is WDA_DIR_OIF. But for the floorplan manager configuration you also have to pass the config file - here the URL from our test system:

http://xxx:yyy/sap/bc/webdynpro/plmu/wda_dir_oif?sap-client=002&sap-language=EN&sap-wd-configId=%2fP...

If that works you could also pass over the doctype, docnumber, ... so that the first screen does not appear any more.

Martin

biagio_lobascio2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you tell me what the config file is for? How can i find what config files i have to use for other webDynpro pages?

Thanks a lot!

a_heut
Participant
0 Kudos

That's how far I got, the problem is that I cannot find the sicf web dynpro service that starts up PLM 7.0. I tried about 20 services and none was the one I was looking for. So if somebody knws what sicf service needs to be used exactly, my problem will probably solved