cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MESSAGE_TYPE_X error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have encountered an error which occurred in different actions, such as activation of ODS requests, updating info-provider using ODS, trying to enter info-package, and changing the update mode to delta. The error is:

"MESSAGE_TYPE_X" C

"SAPLRSS1" or "LRSS1F11"

"RSM1_CHECK_FOR_DELTAUPD"

I was able to find a solution to run the report program RSSM_OLTP_INIT_DELTA_UPDATE on the BW side if there are records not found in tables ROOSPRMSC and ROOSPRMSF in R/3 but appeared in table RSSDLINIT in BW.

I ran the report in BW but nothing is updated to tables ROOSPRMSC and ROOSPRMSF in R/3.

Has anyone encountered this problem and resolved it?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Crystal,

I guess you ran the full load and not the init load. Now if you had run the full load then you would have to run an <b>"Init without data transfer"</b> load before doing a delta load.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

You're correct that I ran the full load. Actually I tried to do that before and when I checked the 'Initialize delta process' to proceed to check the radio button 'Init without data transfer' I got a message saying 'Deltas already loaded for request ....329 init. selection; no 2. init'.

The full load was taking over night and I didn't check it until this mnorning. It seems that someone came in ran the delta and probably deleted it according to the message I got when I tried to set the 'Init wihtout data transfer'.

Your suggestion is appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It seems at your end someone has messed up with Full load and delta ...now again you are trying to load the delta .

Can you please provide us the sequence of data loads so that it will be more clear to us .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Crystal,

I did not understand your error completely. But it seems to be like you missed some thing some where. IF you can restart the proces from beginnning follow the sequence below.

1) Empty all the contents from your data targets (Cube or ODS)

2) Open your previous init info pacakge in change mode and delete the previous init request. (Scheduler > initialization option for source Systems)

3) Now you have to determine the quanity of the data. If you have hunge amount of data to be loaded in to the cube, you can run full updates first. If you have only a limited no. of records then you can do initialization "init with data transfer" and followed by Delta. If you have huge history to load, you can split the loads using selection options at info package level.

- Another alternative is first run "init without data transfer " followed by delta. Then you can load your history using full lods by restricting in selection options at info package level.

Hope this helps.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks to everyone. I was able to search and find several suggestions from here. I looked around and I saw a request that was not supposed to appear from the Scheduler. The data was being reviewed and I didn't want to do anything with it yet. Thanks again.

Cheers...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Crystal,

What was the mode of the load earlier?. Did you do an init earlier.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

I ran the complete or init load and now I am just setting the delta mode in the InfoPackage. This is when I got the error. Any ideas?

Thanks